Chapter two

The game is over and we go back to the hall were we all sleep.

We do have a small room looking like a cafeteria, it is not locked, but it is set up like a back room where the food is brought and given to everyone by the workers.

I find it very practical because we don't all sit on top of each other, some people sit on their beds and a few go to this room to eat there. Everyone can get some rest before the fights and discussions are starting again and everyone has to go back to the reality they have chosen.

I use this time to think about what it would be like to eat with my family, even if I'm only here to offer them a better life, especially my mother, I can't hide it that I regret coming back here she thinks that I became a business trip as a gift and earn money and be back in a week but when I die here she will always wonder why I never came back.

And the worst part of it is that my father will surely make her feel bad because he said from the beginning that I would only lie and that I would not be able to do anything other than stealing.

I could never find peace with the thought that my mother would think that I betrayed her
because even if I only think about myself, my mother was always there for me and I want her to be fine.

And the most Important

I want her to be able to get away from my father without having to worry about running out of money.

It's now food time and i stop for a while so i'm one of the last getting their portion.

because if i'm one of the last i can look where everyone has sat down and look for a quiet corner where i can think in peace.

i'm standing in line with eight people but i notice there are only three meals left. maybe they still refill but I now strongly assume that if exactly five portions are missing, the group that everyone is afraid of came twice in the line.

„Hey five meals are missing sir" I hear a woman say.

„𝐖𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬"

I see the staff, who has a square on their mask, take a step forward.

„Then were is ours?"

the man two places in front of me makes a quick movement towards the workers as if he wanted to fight them but it doesn't come to that. like a reflex he pulls out his gun and points it at the man

„𝐖𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬" He repeats

„Excuse me" says a woman, we all turn around and look at someone who has already eaten her meal, she points with her finger at the group in which I already thought that it had something to do with them. they just smiled they didn't even hide it because they knew that nobody could harm them anyway.

but i really had no more patience.

I won this stupid game and i'm hungry.

these ugly faces don't make it any better the fact that they laugh at the man provokes me even more because they also took my food. But they clearly overlooked me

the woman from the group looks like she's just waiting for me to take a wrong step so that she has a reason for me to be killed

I've been keeping eye contact with her for a while now. She's staring straight into my soul, uninterested in the fact that many people are discussing around us, it's her against me now.

she takes a step forward and looks backwards to see if her group is following her and at this very moment adrenaline rushes through my body,  because she let all the players know that she is weak she showed ME she is weak and that was a big mistake.

I am now ready to go towards her because the moment she nervously looked back it was over for her

I know that even if I don't work with anyone, at least the remaining people in the line would follow me because hunger does things in your brain that people who have never starved in their lives cannot imagine.

I just want to get it over with. I don't feel like staring anymore and if I can get the rest of the group through, it's a win for me.

Im now walking in her direction and I notice how her face expression changes from confident to seeking help she looks over at her friend who everyone is scared of, including me to be honest, but right now I really can't think of anything other than that this Team, they upset me since the beginning of the games.

and if he gets the idea to go between us what I don't believe because he would be glad to get rid of her, Lord have mercy.

Suddenly I hear a male voice behind me:

„Women should stop pretending they can do something against men, step back and relax, or whatever useless women do to get men's attention"

I look at him with a shocked face and see that he is also one of the people who have not yet received any food. I don't know which girl broke his heart, but before I can react, he starts to attack them

„who do you think you are? That is my food you just ate"

They make fun of him but here I can understand them his attitude is just ridiculous and I would have probably just laughed at him too.

a fight begins the bottle falls down and forms a perfect murder weapon.

Everything happens very quickly and he lies motionless on the floor.

He should have just let me do it, I would have got people like player 218 to help and now we would have the whole group gone

But it was more important to him to talk badly about all women. Well, he still didn't managed it so we can't be that bad at all

218 goes over to him, but he doesn't get up, two fingers on his neck,

he is dead.