Chapter ten

POV/ Jun-Seo

I wake up in a dark room. I am freezing, at the same time I feel how the sweat comes down my forehead. Panic overcomes me and I hecticaly turn my Head. It worked, the lights go on and I look down at my fingers in the background is the white wall of my room. Every worker has their own Dorm.

As soon as I get up, I immediately notice the strong pain in my head. Out of reflex I immediately reach the place but when I take my arm down again I see red... although that's pretty much an understatement, my hand is full of blood.

from the color, however I can see that it is old blood. even if it sounds ridiculous two months before the game started we had to learn to save people, but here isnt any medicine so it is very unlikely that someone would survive an operation voluntarily or not voluntarily.

How long have I been lying unconscious here? is Soo-Yun still alive? she isnt dead... she can't be.

Nervously I go to the sink I have to get rid of the blood.

"So you're already awake huh?" I hear a dark voice behind me.

with very fast movements I turn around and grab the other worker by his collar.

"how long have I been in here" I grit my teeth

"Whoa slow down Jun-Seo its me" I hear him say.

I let out a breath of relief and relax my face.

Its my bestfriend. I've known him since we were 13. He knows everything about my current situation also about Soo-Yun. He came here with me because I went here to find my girl. He didn't want to let me go alone, also he lost his wife a year ago with his unborn child. He has nothing left.

„God, you scared me" I say looking at him.

„Well sorry. I almost begged them to let me go to you I was worried" he says very calm.

„You didn't answered my question. How long have I been in here"

„Almost 3 hours the game just begun 20 minutes ago they have 10 minutes left"

Oh my God „Is she alive?" his eyes close

„Answer me for fucks sake" I shout

„yes she is alive... but she thinks you are dead I saw it in her eyes Jun-Seo she's dead on the inside" he says with a now lower tone.

POV/ Soo-Yun

We only have 10 minutes left.

We decided to wait until the time is almost up. We both are terrible at this game and it wouldn't change anything.

Im more than sure that Jun-Seo is dead so I don't even care.

Behind me I hear a men scream as I turn around I see him on his knees his wife has been shot in the head.

Is that what love looks like? Pain and suffering?

I don't see my self there it can't be real.

If someone told me two months ago I will give shit about my own life because of a guy I would have laughed them right in the face.

But here I am.

Hopeless.

And without a future.

5 minutes left

„you remember our plan right?" I ask the woman that stands before me with tears in her Eyes

„y-yes" she mumbles very unclear.

I get up and come to her side. I make a line with my foot in the sand as a mark

„You go first" she says to me

I had the Idea to play it like that so I guess its fair

I throw the marble with my right hand and it lands right bevor a wall that looks like its made out of wooden

Now that I know my life could end in every minute I organize my thoughts My mother and Him.

I'm so stupid I didn't even ask him for his name and the only intimate moment we both had was in that crusty bathroom. I wish we could have seen each other again like a normal couple in a café drinking some tea and talking about our first date and having our first kiss under a tree, knowing that this isn't the last time we'll see each other. Knowing that this is just the beginning of our story

I completely zoom out not even noticing that 212 threw her Marble.

2 inches behind mine.

She won.

Oh. my. God.

Its over. This is really the end of my Story. I dont know how to react even my last favorite person in here looks at me with watery eyes. "I'm  so sorry" she says but I look away.

I look right in front of me.

The man in his red overall is already pointing his gun at me. Suddenly, there are a lot of emotions that I feel rushing through my body

Adrenaline. Fear

I was never afraid of dying but when you realize that these will be your last breaths, you see everything in slow motion. The man in front of me still points his gun at me but everything is fuzy the only thing I can see clearly are my hands.

the only sound I hear is my pulse it feels like my heart is beating in my ears.

Thoughts buzz over my head that are getting louder. Thoughts I wanted to hide all these years

I wish I had allowed myself to be happier.

I wish I have had the courage to express my feelings.

I wish I had time to live my own life.

I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of what I have to do to stay alive. Sometimes dying is easier.

I close my eyes and I feel a hot tear running down my cheek.

The last thing I wish for right now is to be able to ask you for your name.
....