~ Chapter 2 ~

The sweat on my palms was dampening the paper as I saw the one and only Steve Rogers. Or rather, the parts that the ice gave up.

The photos weren't enough to convince me, so Hill brought me up to Fury's office to see the live footage of the workers trying to defrost him.

Seeing it projected onto the room, however, was more than enough proof. They weren't kidding. He was alive. And we had him.

"Wow," I barely whispered as my eyes were glued to the screen. It was like taking a little kid to the aquarium and seeing their eyes fill with wonder at the sight of it.

"Now," the live feed cut off as Fury began to speak.

"This fossil is in for a rude awakening when he's dug out. And as fun as it would be to just set him loose, we need to get him accustomed to the 21st century. We don't want the old man to have a heart attack."

I chuckled. Man, the Captain America, World War II hero, right here. Blows my mind.

"Agent Jay." Nick's voice snaps me back into focus.

"Yes sir."

Rule #23, only address higher ups as ma'am and sir in formal and casual settings unless told otherwise.

Fury makes his way behind his desk, pulls out a file, and tosses it to me. I look inside.

"It's his file, to help you out a bit." My head perks up in confusion. I continue to scan his before and post serum files.

Super Soldier serum... designed to make macho men... blah blah

-------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Rogers Before Serum:

Age: 23
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5"4'
Weight: 95 lbs
Photo:

Age: 23Race: Caucasian Height: 5"4'Weight: 95 lbsPhoto:

Steven Rogers Post Serum:

Age: 23
Race: Caucasian
Height: 6"2'
Weight: 240 lbs
Photo:

Age: 23Race: Caucasian Height: 6"2'Weight: 240 lbsPhoto: