~ Chapter 49 ~

"What in the fiery pits of hell are you doing here," I command more than ask, keeping my gun aimed between Rumlow's eyes. He chuckles and takes another drink.

The left side of his face was messed the f--- up for real. He was still bandaged quite a bit, but the parts of his face that were revealed had burn marks and large gashes.

He looked better than before.

"Easy, dollface," he said and placed his drink on the table, clicking his tounge. "You really didn't think I was gone, right? You should know better."

He looks me up and down, letting out a whistle. I was still in my black tank top and sweatpants that I had worn after Tony and Bruce took samples. He smiled.

"I see you've changed a bit, too. My god, were your arms always that sharp?" He said in a sultry voice. "I've missed all things you can do with them, ya know."

"Yeah? I'll use them to blow a hole in your forehead if you don't answer my d--- question: what are you doing here?" I say in a firm voice and watch Rumlow smirk.

"Don't get too trigger happy, baby."

"Don't call me that."

"I love it when you're demanding."

I fire the gun at his beer, the glass exploding and the liquids splatter onto him. He doesn't flinch, but he does sigh, "what a waste."

"Start talking, Brock." Upon hearing me say his name, his eyes darken and he grits his teeth. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here for you. I thought that'd be obvious," he said. I wait for him to elaborate and he smirks.

"I'm here to take you back to HYDRA, babe girl. They've got unfinished buisness with you and this was the last thing I had to do to get my title back."

"What title? What do I have to do with your status in that twisted nightmare?"

"I made a little deal with the devil," he started and walked slowly around my round table. I followed him with my gun.

"If I brought them a good candidate for their little science project, I'd get a better rank. Better rank means a better pay and a bigger impact to change this rotten society.

"And you, my dear, are my one way ticket to that. First, I searched around for any capable people and found that women were easier to obtain than the dudes. Not every woman was like you though. They were soft, easy, not the right material.

"But you. You just radiated exactly what I was looking for! Power, confidence, strength! You were everything we were looking for. So, I tripped you in the elevator, stole your heart, and now I'm here to finish the job."

"You better get to the point before I blow your brains out," I said through gritted teeth.

"I got your trust-- well, I got a lot more than just your trust. And man, that was probably the best part of this mission," he said with a menacing glare that made my skin burn. He knew what he was doing and it was getting me heated.

"Your body was, and still is, amazing. Waiting for any word from HYDRA got boring really quick, so you were a wonderful distraction. I still watch our little movies when I'm bored out on the field, ya know-"

I fire the gun aiming for his forehead but my aim is slightly off and it goes right above him through the wall. Definitely gonna get a noise complaint for that.

Rumlow chuckled and pulled out the hair and nail pills. He placed them on the table and looked back at me, pointing at the middle of his forehead.

"You were aiming for here, right? Heh, thank God you took those pills or else I'd be dead right now," he laughed and I glared at him.

"That was just a warning shot, don't get too cocky-"

"No it wasn't," he said confidently. "Wanna know why I know that? The pills."

"What about the pills," I had read the label, there shouldn't be anything wrong with them. Then again, I didn't think anything was wrong with Rumlow and he was my Abuser.

"Might as well just lay it all on the table. Those are submission pills." I stay silent as Rumlow explains.

"Those pills were cooked up in HYDRA to make you bend to people's will with an activation word. Your word is the name of your program; золото." When Rumlow says the word I remember Pierce calling me the same thing in his office before my mind went off the rails.

"So it's been activated before," Rumlow grins and points to my eyes. "You gave a look that gave it away."

"What's the program, Brock."

"Well, the word translates to Golden. And the pills are slowly prepping you for use. I know you've noticed changes, physically and mentally."

"It's a super Soldier serum," I state. "Where'd you get it?"

"That, my dear, is classified. I can, however, let you in on a little secret," Rumlow whispered and walked over to me.

"HYDRA got their grubby hands on that God's toy and boy, did we get a lot out of it," Rumlow stands with his forehead directly infront of my gun, inches away from it. He looks me dead in my eyes. My finger lingers closer to the trigger.

"You're going to be very useful," he says in a low tone. "In more ways than one." I gently squeeze the trigger of the gun but can't hit it hard enough and start to physically struggle, fighting an invisible force.

Rumlow let's out a low chuckle before taking the gun and lowering my hands. He gives me a deadly glare and I can feel chills running throughout my nerves. I'm froze as he leans into my left ear.

"Don't worry," he whispers and I move my head a bit from him, "I'll leave a note behind for your lover boy."

Rumlow twirls my gun and hits me hard in the neck with the bottom of it, knocking me unconscious. As I fall to the ground, time seems to move slower as I only have one thought on my mind; Steve.