~ Chapter 13 ~

"Steve, over here." I call out to him. He stops in his tracks and turns around to meet me.

"Agent Jay, what is it?" I look around before pulling him behind a corner, out of the view of the cameras. He let's out a surprised groan.

"I need you to come with me."

"What?"

"Look, I've been with S.H.I.E.L.D. for years, and all of this information about the tesseract and its power, its all new to me. This is the first time I'm being told about unlimited power and junk."

"What has that got to do with me?"

"I need you to help me snoop around a bit." Steve sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Stark put you up to this, didn't he? Even if you're a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent that doesn't mean you can breach secure information like he is."

"No, Stark is breaking into sealed files." I grab his arm and see a group of personnel walking in a protective formation. Where are they off to?

"We'll take a look around and see if we stumble across anything." The coast is clear. "Come on."

Before he has a chance to protest I walk out and follow the group from a distance. I haven't been on the helicarrier frequently, so who knows what type of disclosed secrets lie in these walls. Steve whisper shouts for me to come back. I eventually hear huried footsteps following behind me. I smirk.

"That's the same thing, y/n," he says once he's caught up.

"No, Steve. Stark is a stranger." The group passes a large metal door requiring a pass code or badge scan to get inside. I turn to Steve and smile.

"I'm authorized personnel." I scan my badge, but it doesn't work.

"You were saying?"

"Hush." I enter the four digit code pertaining to the Avengers Initiative code. It works. As it opens, me and Steve slide inside.

"It's a storage room." There are racks and racks of files, suitcases, and other objects inside. Me and Steve both nod at each other as we start to look through the items.

And boy, do we find some interesting stuff. Steve comes across old HYDRA items I didn't even knew we had. More importantly, we came across some interesting plans of Fury's.

"Tony was right," Steve looks at the plans as my earpiece goes off. It's Hill.

"What's up?"

"There's a virus in the system."

"A virus?" This catches Steve's attention. They found something. He mouths "Stark" and we hurriedly exit the storage unit.

"I'll go see what's going on."

"Okay, Fury is already on his way there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we get back to the lab, Tony and Bruce are already confronting him.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uhh kinda been wondering the same thing about you."

"You're supposed to be locating the tesseract."

"We are. We're searching for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location."

"Yeah, we'll get your cube back." Me and Steve enter the room as Tony looks over the secured files, finding out what me and Steve stumbled upon.

"Hey, what exactly is phase 2?" Steve drops one of S.H.I.E.L.D's classified weapon prototypes onto the lab table. Fury turns back.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D using the tesseract to make weapons." Fury looks at me.