if you gave

I know. I know I said I wasn't going to post on Wattpad anymore. But I've gotten a lot of PMs on here asking for my fic, so... here it is. I'll deal with the hate that comes in. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't read. 

Warnings: this fic contains major character death, graphic depictions of violence, gore, plenty of death, a shit ton of angst, suicide / suicidal ideation, and eventual smut. 

Please read at your own discretion.

I'll update on Fridays; you'll see chapter 10 then. Thank you guys for all the love you give me- I'm truly undeserving of it. Enjoy my loves.

.

The last thing your best friend Sasha told you before she died was that there was a discount at the pizza place for today and that you should get pizzas for dinner tonight.

Nothing unusual.

Nothing that would've indicated that it would be the last conversation you'd ever have with her.

She had made the remark when you were already halfway out the door. She was still in her pajamas, lounging on the couch. Your work place was a farther travel than hers, so this wasn't unusual either. 

You'd rolled your eyes, called over your shoulder, "I'll pick them up on my way home!" before you'd grabbed your keys and closed the door behind you.

The world went on like normal for at least another hour. Everything was as it should be.

How were you supposed to know something was off?

Your walk to the bus stop was the same as always. The bus picked you up like it always did. You sat down for the twenty minute bus ride, then hopped off at your stop and made the rest of the walk to the facility you worked at.

Maybe you should've realized it was strange when there was no one at the front gate. 

The security guard's name is Daz. You see him every morning and he buzzes you in without issue. You walk along the side of the road up to the building, the occasional car driving by on the driveway next to you, likely containing one of your coworkers.

One of these days, you were going to get a car. 

Kind of stupid now, right?

You'd dismissed the lack of the security at the front gate as either Daz having a day off or he was busy doing something else. The gate was open, so you'd slipped through and gone on forward.

When you got to the building was when things started to feel off, because no one was there.

At least, no one alive.

Zombies.

Fucking zombies.

People placed bets on what was going to cause world war three: lack of viable drinking water, something about unnecessary tension between countries with plenty of nuclear weaponry at their disposal. Some kooks online had been convinced that aliens were here, ready to unleash their own devastation- whatever that may be. 

No one thought it'd be zombies.

You definitely had no fucking idea.

By the time you've wrapped your head around the situation and managed to escape your workplace, hours have passed. It's at least early in the afternoon, and the trek back into town takes at least an hour, if not more. You're not sure- your phone is badly cracked and shows no signs of turning back on.

All you've got is an axe that you'd taken from the break in case of emergency glass at your work facility. That's it.

What the fuck do you do from here?