and they died

"You all okay?" Hange says as they grab your arm, helping you clamber over the moved dining cabinet. "I hope you weren't down there too long."

"Long enough," you grumble, glancing up to the other people gathered around. Mike's standing nearby with his bow slung over his back, and he nods to you. Klaus and Oluo are a bit further away, rifling through some of the drawers. "Thank you," you say genuinely. "I appreciate you guys coming to help."

Mike taps his cheek. "What happened?"

You blink, confused, and raise your hand to your cheek. Your fingertips come away dotted red. "Fuck," you say in surprise, and you look over to where Levi's going through the pantry. You'd forgotten he gave you that.

"Sparks?" Hange asks. "You okay?"

"Fine," you say quickly, looking away from Levi. "It's fine. Just a scratch."

Mike raises his eyebrows at you. You can't just say Levi cut you, because then that prompts the question of why, and the avalanche of questions won't stop from there. From the look in Mike's eyes, he can definitely tell it was Levi; you're grateful that he doesn't prompt you any further.

"Was Levi nice?" Hange says, glancing at the dark-haired man. So they noticed something was up too- god damn these stupidly observant people.

"Of course not," you reply bitterly.

"This yours?" someone calls, and you look up to see Oluo standing above the body of the dead zombie. He's pointing to your axe, still embedded in its head.

You nod. "Yeah."

He grunts in reply, grabbing the handle of your weapon and pulling it out of the corpse with a sharp tug. He hands it back to you and you force a smile as you accept it from him. "If you ever find another one of those," Oluo says, "I want it."

"I'll keep that in mind," you assure him, pulling your axe into your chest. You'll need to clean the blood off of it.

"I've got a bandage for that cut," Hange murmurs, pulling their backpack off their shoulders and dropping it down on the counter next to where you'd set yours down before falling into the cellar. "One second."

You stay still, eyes flickering back to Mike. He's still watching you, but his gaze isn't wary; he's curious.

"We should get going, if you don't need us anymore," Klaus says.

"We'll see you back at base," Levi says. "We're having a meeting when we get back."

Dread is building up in your stomach, and you're so lost in your own panic that when Hange touches the bandage to your cheek, you nearly flinch. "What for?" Oluo asks, frowning. "Not sure what there is to go over."

"You got a problem with the rich you want to review in detail?" Klaus says, glancing around the house. "There ain't much around here, but it's still worth the search."

"Most of the houses down here have been pillaged already," he replies, turning his gaze to Oluo. "These were the first places to get robbed when all this shit went down. Besides, we've got more important issues."

"Like what?" Klaus asks.

Bile rises in your throat.

"Her," Levi says, eyes flickering to you. "Whether we're kicking her out or not."

There's a pause. You're not sure what to say- or if there's anything you can say to defend yourself. You've known these people for all of two days; they've known Levi for at least a few weeks- some of them, much longer.

"Wait- her?" Oluo says, pointing at you. "The girl who found us a gun?"

"The one who stocked our entire medical supply," Klaus says.