✼jaehyun

member » boyfriend!jaehyun x gn!reader

summary » late nights with jaehyun!

genre » fluff!

word count » 0.8k

a/n » yall this is so fluffy, this might actually be my favourite :0 also this drabble was inspired by the video!! also not edited because i'm lazy. 

please leave your requests in the comments!

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

you had your legs crossed on the couch, focusing on the movie playing on the tv screen when you heard the sound the door unlocking. you turn to see your boyfriend walking in tiredly.

"you're home," you smile. jaehyun only hums, ambling towards you.

he had a bag hanging on his shoulder, dressed in all black. you heart felt heavy at the sight of your boyfriend looking so exhausted.

jaehyun bends down to your level, pressing a quick kiss to your lips as a greeting. he notices the movie playing on the screen, "what are you watching?"

"mark recommended me this movie," you reply. your hands reach out for his, it was a little cold, since the temperature has went down a lot the past few days. you swing his hands between you and him, "go take a shower and sleep. i'll be with you when i'm done."

jaehyun nods and heads to your shared bedroom. he takes his time, getting into a warm shower, washing his face and brushing his teeth, then he changes into something more comfortable before he leaves his room.

you watch as he takes a seat next to you, so close that his thigh was touching yours. his hair was still wet, and he had swapped his lenses for glasses.

"babe, how many times have i told you to dry your hair?" you huff. now it was your turn to get up, taking a dry towel from your bedroom before standing before your boyfriend.

you wrap the towel on his head, working your hands to dry his hair. jaehyun's vision was blocked by the towel, but he still reaches out to hold onto your hips as you dry the wetness away. despite how tired he was, jaehyun was smiling quietly under the towel.

after a few minutes, you pull the towel away from the boy, patting his head. you threw the dirty towel in the washer before you go back next to your boyfriend.

"you're not tired?" you finally ask jaehyun, turning to look at him.

jaehyun had left early in the morning, before you had woken up, and it was now past 9PM when he had finally reached home. you knew he didn't get enough sleep last night since he only came home past midnight yesterday.

jaehyun shakes his head, eyes focused on the movie. "it's friday right? it's movie night."

right, you two would have movie nights every fridays as a way to bond since the both of you were busy. although, you had told him countless of times that it wasn't necessary if he was tired, but he was persistent to watch at least one movie with you.

you sigh, shaking your head, knowing he wouldn't budge even if you told him to go rest. the both of you fell into comfortable silence as you watch the movie together.

although, jaehyun had deliberately let his head slide down until it finally meets your shoulder. when you felt the sudden contact, you had tilted your head to see if he was asleep, but he had his eyes wide open, smiling cheekily at you.

you roll your eyes, moving your head back. "you can rest, you know?" you tell him, reaching out for his cold hands. you lace your hands with his.

"movie nights," he mumbles, "i promised."

"do you have work tomorrow?"

you feel jaehyun shake his head. "i have the day off tomorrow," jaehyun subconsciously closes his eyes. 

you thank the gods that he finally has a short break. he has been working so hard, you felt so, so bad for him.

"then you should rest, baby," you say, voice soft and soothing, it almost made jaehyun go to sleep.

"i'm resting right now," he replies.

you couldn't bother arguing with him, so you kept quiet. it was only 20 minutes later when you realise that jaehyun had fallen asleep on your shoulder. 

knowing how the position was uncomfortable for him, you gently place his head on your lap, letting his body fall against the cream coloured couch. you automatically thread your hands through his soft dark brown hair.

jaehyun was only half asleep when you moved him, but the moment he feels your fingers on his hair, it immediately lulled him to sleep.

bonus!

jaehyun flutters his eyes open, groaning at the bright light shining through the window. he takes his time to get used to the bright light.

he realises that he wasn't in bed, he eyes his surroundings until his eyes finally lands on you. a smile forms on his lips at the sight of you sound asleep next to him.

the both of you had fallen asleep on the couch, you had somehow managed to squeeze in-between jaehyun in the couch, arms and legs tangled around each other. you had your arm wrapped around his waist while his was tucked under your neck, providing you comfort.

jaehyun tucks a strand of stray hair behind your ear before he finally leans in to kiss your forehead.