Ally Mayfair Richards x Reader- Heart like mine

TW: hurt, angst

Prompt: Reader has always been a part of Ally's life but as the months and years pass by, feelings get involved however, there are obstacles in the way like the brunette's wife

A/N: AU where there is no cult or all the Ivy things happening

———————-

Being a close part of the brunette's life had always been more than a blessing to you than anything. Running into her happened so randomly and for the longest time, you used to believe that there was a meaning to all of it. Fate or moreover the universe letting the pieces fall into place and responsible for the two of you meeting at such an unexpected time.

Without a doubt, Ally was your rock, the person you turned to and wanted nothing more than to be around. Whenever there was good news, job related ones or personal ones, you wanted to turn to her. You wanted to call or tell her in person in that moment and nothing else mattered. And you did, you would always tell her, either in person, recieving the biggest hug for the amazing news you shared or getting the biggest smile on a face time call when she wasn't available in person.

This would happen often, either you being away work related or Ally being across the country for her political career. But you adored it, sharing news with each other and exchanging the biggest smiles and proudest glances. Just like the good moments, you also supported each other through the bad ones, fighting each other's battles, crying alongside each other when the world was getting a little harder to handle than usual. Without a doubt you two were soulmates in a way, the tenderness in your hearts somehow connected as you could always tell what the other person felt and wanted to say but the lumps in your throats making that impossible.

Ally was always the person you thought of when thinking of home, she was your eyes when the tears were streaming down your cheeks and making your vision blurry. She was your voice, speaking up for you when you couldn't and she took your hand, keeping you going when life made it impossible to take any more steps. You used to believe it was just a connection, of course stronger than any you had ever had but you never really read into it too much.

The two of you got to spend time together throughout the year, some months when you would visit the Mayfair-Richard's a lot, playing and sometimes even babysitting Oz. Often visiting the restaurant and supporting them there when the months became tough. Eventually you would support Ally in her policitical career, especially at the beginning. A lot of things used to be uncertain then, like whether Ally was even going to make it, running for the first time.

However, you were always by her side, you always had faith in her, even when the people around her didn't. Doubted her and caused her to doubt herself. Out of all the things regarding the brunette, the thing you hated the most was certainly having to make her believe and see. Believe in herself and her abilities and see herself for the person she truly was and what she represented. To you, Ally had always been a strong person, a role model and person to look up to, leading by example and you hated anyone making her believe she was anything different.

You gave her confidence, a reason to keep fighting, whether it was some nasty comments people said or wrote about her, the opponents trying to intimidate her. Ally could do it, the same confident look on her face, leaving every single rally with more votes, more people that believed in her and you realized and noticed that eventually, she started believing in herself again, the confident look on her face not forced or acted but actually the truth as her work both in politics but also the restaurant started paying off and getting the recognition she deserved.

In your eyes, Ally was everything and she certainly deserved the world. Nothing was ever too much for you, waking up in the middle of the night when she was having a layover or at some rally in a different time zone, looking after Oz when she and Ivy had to take care of the restaurant or wanted to enjoy a nice and quiet night together. For the longest time you never saw an issue, you would have done absolutely anything for the woman you had met years ago and that so quickly became part of your life.