Cordelia Goode x Reader- Take my hand, Take my whole life too

tw: none, just cute fluff

--

Being a witch at the academy, your days are filled with spells, potions and the study of mystical arts. It was some years ago now, you couldn't remember how long exactly as your time at the coven felt like a whole lifetime. Stumbling upon the now all familiar gates, you never thought you would meet people you share the same fate, magical abilities with and eventually considering them as part of your family.

Amid the incantations and rituals, there had been something occupying your mind more than anything else. The supreme of this coven. After you perfected your magic, she had asked you to help teach some classes and til this day you consider it an honour, walking the academy besides her and sharing some of your knowledge. Standing alongside the most powerful witch on earth, listening to her words as she teaches a younger generations of witches, sharing her knowledge and offering her guidance.

From the first moment you laid eyes on her you were captivated by her beauty. Her thick blonde hair, sometimes a little curly especially in the mornings and the way it most certainly almost smelled like vanilla and honey. Her brown eyes that felt like a maze, you could get lost in them and wherever you were, whatever you were doing that same set of eyes seemed to always meet yours, whether in soft quiet moments or in the midst of chaos breaking loose. You were taken back by her beauty, her grace and her intelligence. It felt like a spell had been cast over you, binding you to her with invisible threads that pulled at your heartstrings with each passing moment.

And so, whenever Cordelia was near, the familiar strains of a melody would echo in your mind, the lyrics playing on repeat like a broken record. It was a constant reminder of the love that burned within you, a love that you dared not speak aloud for fear of rejection. You were always careful with your feelings so far, never wanting to scare the blonde, your love driving her away, however your eyes betrayed you, no matter how subtle you tried to be.

Madison had caught on pretty fast ,,Just fucking tell her'' she would keep telling you but you would shake your head each time.

But as the days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months, eventually stretching into years, your infatuation with Cordelia only grew stronger, the lyrics of the song becoming a constant soundtrack to your thoughts. You found yourself daydreaming in class, lost in a haze of longing as you imagined a future where you and Cordelia were together.

,,I can't help falling in love with you'' the lyrics replay in your mind once again as you find yourself sitting beside the supreme, teaching a class. In reality you were supposed to teach this class about potions but when Cordelia decides to check up on her witches, your thoughts completely lose track of your surroundings. The soft perfume lingering around her far too distracting, her soft voice far too distracting as well as her whole being.

The supreme quickly realises that you are clearly distracted by something, as she answers students questions and finishes teaching the class altogether. As all the students leave, you slowly find yourself back in the present and not completely lost in thoughts, so you try your best to clean up after yourself and the witches.

,,Is everything alright?'' Cordelia asks anxiously as she approaches you, her voice filled with genuine concern.

As her brown eyes linger on yours, you consider it for a moment, opening your mouth to respond, however the words quickly get caught in your throat. For a moment you want to tell her everything, how your feelings for her weighed so heavily on your mind, confess your love and lay it all out right in front of you, but you couldn't. The risk of scaring her, losing her far too big. Instead you remain silent, simply nodding her concerns away, before preparing to teach your next classes.