Confusion (Part 1)

Xiao Zhan

I lie awake at my bedroom. I didn't even bother going to our apartment, I went straight ahead to my condominium.

I grabbed my phone and messaged Xu Kai.

"Bro, thanks for driving me home."

I clicked send and throw away my phone.

What have I done?

Why did I kiss Wang Yibo?

Am I losing my mind?

For the fucking record, I'm a straight guy! So is Yibo. And, I never liked any guy, ever in my life.

Yes, I admit, I admire this young man, Wang Yibo. He's carefree but reserved at the same time. His smiles are so precious and rare, like you will do anything just to have a glimpse of it. He's a serious guy but funny at the same time. He can be quiet for quite some time, but he can also be loud like there's no tomorrow.

His duality can really make me want to know him better, and spend the rest of my life with him.

I mean, we can just be pure friends, right?
We can be like real brothers.

Right, but why did you kiss him?

Maybe because his lips are so tempting and soft and plump and...

Fucking stop it!

I ruffled my hair in disappointment. I'm so shameless. Stupid. Disgusting.

What pains me the most was that I was sober when I did that.

Wang Yibo, Wang Yibo. What are you doing to me?

***
I thank the alcohol for the good sleep.

I woke up and felt a throbbing pain in my head.

Fuck.
And I cursed it now.

I don't know what time I dozed off this morning, but I felt like I slept for good long hours.

I felt dryness in my throat, my stomach churning, like acid is trying to escape from it.

I stood up and ran to the bathroom.

Phew.

I drained all the contents of my stomach. Ji Li, this is all your fault. I'll never drink ever again!

"I'm hungry and thirsty."
I walked over my kitchen counter, still closing my eyes. My headache doesn't seem to go away.

I inhaled a delectable smell and I quickly opened my eyes.

"You're awake, Zhanny."

Xu Kai is holding a bowl of soup. So the smell came from there.

"Kai, why are you here?"
I sat down and faced him. He sat down next to me and handed me the soup.

"I noticed that you were drunk last night, so I settled some things at the studio and went back here. You woke up just in time."

I just nodded.

"Come on, eat it now while it's hot. It's a hangover soup. It's really effective."

I scoop a spoon of soup, and it soothe my dried throat.

"Thanks, Kai. And I'm sorry. I was really wasted last night."

"It's alright. That was your party, so you're forgiven."