The Preliminary Phase

Leorio grabs Kurapika by his shirt and lifts him in the air.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now!" exclaims Leorio.

Kurapika punches Leorio in the face. Leorio throws Kurapika on the floor. Kurapika quickly gets back up.

"Cut it out, Leorio! We aren't going to solve anything by fighting!" yells Kurapika.
"Explain this to me, Kurapika!" exclaims Leorio while throwing Juliette's letter at Kurapika.

Kurapika opens the letter and reads it.

Dear Daddy,

I will be participating in this year's Hunter exam with Scarlet. She told me all about it and it sounds like a lot of fun. Don't worry, I'm still going to be a doctor. Scarlet also told me that we will be perfectly safe if we stick together so don't worry about that either.

I love you! See you in a few weeks!

Love,
Juliette

Leorio stares at Kurapika.

"Juliette has never mentioned anything to me about becoming a Hunter. Scarlet has filled Juliette's brain with these crazy ideas. Your daughter is at fault here." explains Leorio, angrily.
"Hold on a second! Scarlet would never go behind my back and purposely disrespect me. She most likely got that idea from Juliette. It's safe to say your daughter is the one at fault." responds Kurapika.
"What the hell are you talking about?" asks Leorio.
"I see how Juliette disrespects you. You allow her to get away with it." answers Kurapika.
"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to the Father of the Century." says Leorio, sarcastically.
"Well, I'm definitely doing a better job than you. Especially considering I'm doing it alone." says Kurapika.
"Kohana would probably tell you to back off." says Leorio.
"Take that back, Leorio!" yells Kurapika.
"It's true and you know it. You have sheltered that child since the day she was born. It's no wonder that she ran off to take the Hunter exam without your consent." explains Leorio.
"Consent? I never signed consent. Wait...did you sign their consent forms?" asks Kurapika.
"Hell no!" answers Leorio.
"Then how are they being allowed to take the exam?" asks Kurapika.
Leorio calls The Hunter's Association to find out how the girls are being allowed to take the exam without consent. He gets put on hold for twenty minutes. They finally explain to him how they are very thorough in obtaining parental consent for minors. Leorio requests that copies of their consent forms be emailed to him promptly.

Leorio logs onto his email using Kurapika's laptop. He is shocked when he sees his signature on Juliette's consent form.

"I don't remember signing this!" exclaims Leorio. He pulls up Scarlet's form. "Looks like you signed Scarlet's form."
"That is not possible." says Kurapika while he examines the computer screen. "That is not my signature."
"Then whose is it?" asks Leorio.

Kurapika zooms in on the signature.

"It says, Killua Killua." answers Kurapika. He realizes what Scarlet did.
"Killua signed her consent form? He can't do that." says Leorio.
"Right. Most likely he signed it without knowing what it was." explained Kurapika. "Forgery. Scarlet probably got the idea from Juliette."
"You shut the hell up, Kurapika!" yells Leorio.

Kurapika paces back and forth. Leorio is deep in thought.

"I'm going straight to The Chairman!" exclaims Leorio while calling Cheadle.

Leorio explains the situation to Cheadle.

"I'm sorry, Leorio. There is nothing I can do at this time. As you are well aware, the exam has already started. I wish them the best of luck. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get going. This is a very busy time for The Association." explains Cheadle.