Nen Detection Device

Six months quickly pass by. Scarlet turns seventeen. She still needs to wait until she begins her senior year before she can start to officially date Kento.

Scarlet is reading a book on the couch. Kurapika comes home early from work. Kento is with him.

"Home already?" asks Scarlet from the couch.
"Yes, now that I have a partner, it is a lot faster to hunt down these crooks." answers Kurapika.

Scarlet looks at Kento and smiles. He smiles back at her. Kurapika notices and he doesn't like it.

"Scarlet, why don't you wait in your room until we leave? Kento just stopped by to borrow some books." says Kurapika.
"Why do I need to go to my room for that?" asks Scarlet.
"Just go!" shouts Kurapika, angrily.

Scarlet gets up and walks to her room.

Four more months. I can wait that long. Right?

It is late August and Scarlet is about to begin her first day as a senior. She made plans to see Kento on Friday.

While eating dinner, Scarlet excitedly tells Kurapika about her weekend plans.

"Dad? I'm going out this Friday." says Scarlet.
"Oh, you and Juliette have something fun planned?" asks Kurapika.
"No. I am actually going out with Kento." answers Scarlet.
"Kento? My partner? How have you been in contact with him?" asks Kurapika, shocked.
"That doesn't matter, dad. I'm a senior now. So that means I'm allowed to date. Right?" asks Scarlet.
"That is if you can keep up with your studies. You have that big exam coming up." answers Kurapika.
"I spent all summer studying. I'm ready for it." says Scarlet.
"Kento is a little old for you." says Kurapika.
"By only two years!" exclaims Scarlet. "Besides. You already know him. Wouldn't you rather me date someone you know?"

Kurapika thinks about Scarlet's statement.

"Yes, I know him very well. However, if I see that your grades suffer, I will have no choice but to end it." explains Kurapika.
"Absolutely! Thank you, daddy!" exclaims Scarlet as she happily runs into her room to call Kento.

Kurapika hangs his head down.

That Friday night, Kento comes over to pick Scarlet up. Kurapika scowls at Kento. He grabs Kento right away and takes him to the backyard.

"Answer me! What are your intentions with my daughter?" asks Kurapika, angrily.

Kento is nervous. He has seen Kurapika angry many times, but never at him.

"Mr. Kurta, please know that I only want to get to know Scarlet better. We are simply just going to a movie." answers Kento.

"If you dare try anything with my daughter, I will break you. Do you understand me?" asks Kurapika while he grabs Kento's neck.

"Yes, sir." answers Kento. He is barely able to breathe due to Kurapika's grip on his neck.

Scarlet runs to the backyard and sees her father's hand around Kento's neck.

"What's going on, daddy?" asks Scarlet.

Kurapika lets go of Kento and walks to Scarlet. He gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"You be safe and please call if you need anything." says Kurapika. He walks back into the house.

Scarlet runs over to Kento.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay?" asks Scarlet, worriedly.
"Yes, I'm fine." answers Kento while rubbing his neck.

They both walk back inside. Kento looks at Kurapika.