Rotten apple

⚠️TW- Eating disorder (anorexia and bulimia) and self destructive behaviour

Please don't read this if the above triggers you.

Mal's pov

I helped Evie slowly sit up and placed her head again my neck so she could slowly come around and wouldn't panic.

All of a sudden her eyes shot open and she started shaking violently. And she was trying to struggle out of my grip. I reached for her hands and squeezed them gently which made her turn around and glance at me with her timid eyes. She then realised it was me and slumped her body into mine and sighed deeply.

I stroked her hair and held her hand as her breathing began to regulate and the final tear slipped down her face. I then turned her round so she could sit on my lap and she could see my face. I then slowly reached into my pocket to find the emergency apple I carried in my pocket. I opened her hand and placed the fruit in it. It wasn't the best apple but no food on the isle didn't have mould on it. Evie gingerly took it too her lips- her hands shaking as she did so. She looked up at me and already knew what she needed to do- having gone through this many times with her. She took the smallest bite and pushed it back in my hands.

I knew this wasn't enough to keep her going but it was a start. So I pocketed the apple and brought my arms around her kissing her cheek softly. I rocked her gently in my arms.

It was a few minutes before I gently tried to help her up. She clung to me and was very shakey and looked like she was going to pass out again.

I picked her up like a small child and held her malnourished body in my arms. I then parted the branches so I could get out of the tree. I then trudged back to the outsides of the castle.

The air was thin and was starting to drop in temperature. Because it was now dark and gloomy and the castle didn't feel as welcoming as it had before.

I wasn't sure of the time or where I should go so I found the nearest door and pulled it open carefully so I would wake up E who had dosed off. When I stepped in I was immediately met with a sickly scent of food that wasn't rotten- the kind that comes on our barges (food deliveries from Auradon)- the kind that is taken before you can even see what it is.

I stepped forward and looked down the corridor, where students were gathered in small groups. I walked uncertainly towards them and they stared at Evie so I pushed her hair over her face so she could be covered from people's prying eyes. I was starting to panic because I didn't know where to take E. My palms were starting to sweat and I didn't know what to do. This place was so strange to me.

Suddenly out of the corner I spot someone running towards me- pushing others out the way. He reached me within the second- Jay. I breathed a sigh of relief- it was okay.