"It's okay, even villians are allowed to cry"

Mal's pov

Silence echoed around the room. I was just trying to get in her head in the spur of the moment. I never thought.... How was that even possible.

All villains had been banished to the isle. Hadn't they??

Marlie took a deep uncertain breath and began to explain.

You see when my mother fell from the tower she didn't die. She was severely injured. Not dead. When they took her to the hospital, heavily guarded of course, they realised that she was pregnant with me. So while every other villain was banished to the isle. My mother was kept under lock and key in the hospital while she recovered from multiple rib fractures and internal bleeding. She had six surgeries, not to save her life, but to save mine. There were many councils held over our fate. But getting no where- they decided to wait until I was born.

See no other villain was pregnant prior to the isle and no one in Auradon had even thought of the possibility of kids growing up on the isle. So my existence gave the people of Auradon a major dilemma on whether or not I should be punished for my mother's actions.

When I was born the original plan was to allow my mother to care for me in Auradon until I reached the age of 2. When I was old enough not to relie on my mother's milk. However at 1 year and 9 months, I got severely ill and was hospitalised for years. So, not wanting to add anymore stress to my life my mother was allowed to stay. Obviously all the time we were accompanied by various guards and security.

When I eventually got out of the hospital it was the day of my fifth birthday. We moved into small house and we were assigned a permanent guard to observe us. By this point many more councils had been held full of various representatives from kingdoms all over the land.

They decided that after all my surgeries that my mother had watched me go through, that she had changed, now having her own child, rather than a stolen one. The council, believed her to be in a stable mind to look after me without supervision.

So when I was 7 years old, guards were taken away and me and my mother lived alone in a small house in the woods.

It was fine for a while she was kind and caring. But after gradually getting privileges in Auradon. She started drinking. It was slowly at first but then I ended up having to take care of myself.

At the age of 8 I had learn how to cook for my self, wash our clothes, buy food and clothes from the store. And every night when my mum was drunk I would help her into bed. And that's how our life worked out for a while.

Then she started to get agressive towards me. She would hit me when I didn't get the right brand of biscuits from the grocery store or when I tried to help her do things around the house. It was constant. But no one really noticed until the worst of it happened.

At 10 years old, I found her passed out on the sofa, clearly drunk or hungover- I could never tell the difference anymore. I went up to my room and started to complete my homework. We had to find out about our parents fairytale and create a presentation on it. So when my mum eventually woke up and trudged upstairs to my room. I asked her.

Mom, did you really try and kidnap Rupunzel? And how come you aren't good like all the other children's parents at my school? Oh and did Rupunzel's hair really glow? 

I suppose now I think about it- I shouldn't have asked so many questions.

Next thing I know, she was enraged, like someone had taken control of her. She grabbed my head and shoved me into the door handle. "Don't you ever talk about my Rupunzel" she yelled at me. She grabbed my hair and shoved me down the stairs.

All I remember feeling was pain. Lots of it. I was in and out of consciousness, lying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. It was several hours later before I heard her snoring in the kitchen after having downed several bottles of alcohol. I slowly managed to crawl my way to the door of my house.

The next thing I know is that I was sitting once again in a hospital bed. A guard came in and told me that my mother had been taken away to a second isle and that she wouldn't return.

To this day I still don't know who found me, only that if they didn't, I wouldn't be alive today.

After coming out of hospital I was taken in my fairy godmother and she raised me.

I looked up at Marlie and saw a small tear escape her eye. I turned to softly, letting my guard down. It's okay even villains are allowed to cry.

A/n- there are some things that aren't answered in this and will be in the next chapter. But if there is anything you are confused about and Ik I won't answer in the next chapter, I will tell you in the comments.
Have a nice day and I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3