Chapter 11- when all we see is blue

••••••••••

Draco's pov

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LIKE THIS? YOU SEEMED TO HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING A LITTLE SLUT AROUND OTHERS SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT WITH ME?" Cedric had his eyes dilated in anger as the veins in his hand that he had acquired from quidditch pulsated violently matching the echoing sound of his heartbeat.

I watched as Cedric shouted at Harry, taking every drop of poison embedded into his words falling out onto the boy before him in the form of an obnoxious mist of spittle.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK,"

Cedric looked over at me almost like a deer in the headlights, letting go of the shell of harry that he was brutally shaking. I wasted no time stand between the two glaring at Cedric, wishing that my look alone was able to vocalise how much anger I felt towards him, I grabbed a hold of myself quickly being mindful of my magic going haywire.

"You better not touch him Diggory," I sneered moving him behind me.

"What's it to you Malfoy? He's my boyfriend and we don't need you meddling in our business," I swiftly shielded Harry as Cedric made a hasty attempt to snatch him back as though he was a rag doll.

"No you are an abusive shit who can't keep his dick in his pants, and Harry is not your fucking boyfriend, he is a shell of a human being after what you've done to him,"

"Wow Malfoy, you caught me," Cedric raised his hand in mock surrender before slapping his hand back down and edging towards me "enjoying playing the hero? oh please let me genuflect,"

"you're shameless, you fucking broke him! wait until I-"

Cedric lunged forward holding me by the neck as my head smashed back into the wall behind me, blocking my airpath slightly, however, I didn't struggle and controlled my breathing trying not to panic gently pulling my wand from my pocket

"you what? tell McGonagall? let's take a reality check Malfoy, why are they going to believe you? after all the shit you've pulled who is gonna take anything you say into consideration?"

I hit him with a swift stinging jinx making him stumble back enough for me to draw out my wand in front of me

"And makes you think they're gonna believe a pedo either," I reached into my pocket pulling out the little recording tape. Cedric's eyes widen as he grasped for the tape that was firmly in my hand.

"Even if you destroy this one it won't make a difference, I have many others," Cedric looked like he was panicked but he made sure to hide it under his layers of toxic skin.

"Stay away from Harry that's all I ask, he's been through enough shite and you are making it worse by the second "

"And you won't do anything with that tape?" I laughed for a second yh like I  was gonna let a pedo move on to someone else

"Oh, and let you roam around like a fucking maniac? enjoy your last few days before you rot in Azkaban bitch," 

••••••••••

Reader's POV

Draco softly guided Harry out of the room from behind me still in my protective stance of the door allowing him to make exit without a certain Diggory trying to stop him.

His anger quickly diminished by the time they had reached the balcony of the astronomy tower, the smoky clouds of air ringing out from their lungs signifying that they were still alive. Draco looked around awkwardly rubbing his hand together as the cold dead of the night began to gnaw at his fingertips.

The blonde wasn't sure what he expected to happen when he stopped Cedric, was Harry supposed to jump into his arms? he'd much rather Harry did that. He looked distant, to say the least, his eyes glassed over with his pupils darting around as if he was searching for something.

"Why?" he rasped out quietly, his words melting into the air

"What?" he looked at the brunette immediately, he was still looking to the side, however, he had tears cascading down his face, his face mirroring broken glass if that was a possible facial description.

"Why does it always turn out this way?" Harry choked out falling to the ground in defeat his body taking on a quality of a leaf being thrashed around by the wind.

I shook my head unable to think of a suitable answer, I felt my shoulders slump slightly wishing I could change the way things were. I sat down softly next to him, not touching him allowing him to gather his thoughts.

"I thought if i maybe let him love me, I would learn to love myself, maybe I could find myself again and tell him that I loved him and never let go again. But even when I thought I found him it was just a hallucination and yet I still kept my hold,"

Harry threw off his glasses making them clink onto the marble floor and ring out into the night, the universe listening to every sound and then locking it away in the endless galaxies that lied beyond.

" I can't keep holding on to nothing, waiting for the leaves to change, hoping I could be the person I wanted to be, holding on to nothing, assuring myself that he loved me, assuring myself that i loved him. All because wanted to feel something, something other than pain, praying that maybe it would numb the pain but instead, I kept holding on, I kept fucking clinging on, holding on to nothing" Harry impossibly bowed his head further as a blue light over took him.

"Holding on to me"

"When there's nothing left,"

Draco let a tear roll as he felt Harry's magic turn blue-emitting the useless feeling radiating from him

They sat in silence looking out into the open of the astronomy tower, the stars making more sense than either of them could make right now, Draco realised how easy it was to forget all that Harry had got thrown into at such a young age, from the minute he was born the innocence ripped from his raw hands and fate engraved into his head, a scar he would have to carry no matter how heavy. The blonde fell onto his back breathing softly into the night air, was it really fated to be this way? or was it just what they allowed themselves to believe?

•••••••••