Chapter 12-The empty spot at the table

••••••••
Reader's PoV

Draco sighed as the event from a few nights prior played like a movie in his head. Only, it wasn't a movie; it was more like a broken record stuck on repeat. He couldn't stop thinking about the blue light that engulfed him. why it still around him? Draco's eyebrows furrowed as he continued walking to the great hall yet again without Harry.

"Draconis," Draco's head whipped around to meet Griffin who was catching up to him, he waited patiently as Griffin broke into a hastened walk, making his Ravenclaw robes billow behind him.

"No Harold?," Griffin asked once he was in closer proximity seemingly knowing the answer already.

Draco shook his head in disdain feeling the same pain suge in his chest once again

"Its not your fault,"

Draco looked up at him with a pained expression

"im sorry we didn't listen to you,"

"No, I understand it just sounded like I was being an obsessive shit," Draco smiled weakly before brushing his hand through his hair looking around awkwardkly . Coming to terms with your own mistakes was never easy.

"True, but at the same time you were being a friend," He reasoned walking along with Draco to the great hall.

••••••••
Flashback

"dray?"

"hmm?"

"tell the others,"

"but harry thats not my st-,"

"it is now, it pains me to talk about it, just- please,"

Harry lay there turining to draco slowly looking at him numbly pain mirrored in his eyes.

"fine," draco breathed out softly not wantingto push Harry's emotions further than they needed to go.

End of flash back
••••••••

Draco and Griffin walked into the hall simultaneosly immediately being greeted by equally as distressed auras radiating from the rest.

"No Hazza still." Hermione frowned softly

"It's been sometime," Raven sighed "has he eaten?"

"I'm trying but not with much success,"

Draco felt like he failed his friends, yet he knew he couldn't control it.

"It's alright mate, he'll come around- he always does," Ron assured the group

"Yeah but how long can we keep saying that- Harry's human too- what if his wounds can't heal?" Draco wanted to scream out but I only came out as a statement.

"I guess your right," Blaise responded bowing his head softly. "We always assume he's ok- but what if he isn't this time,"

Pansy let out a strangled sob as the same picture of the blue aura that surrounded Harry replayed in her mind.

"Have you told Mcgonagall," Griffin asked

"Yes,"

"Then that's all we can control,"

Griffin being the blunt one of the group set it out clearly. "We can't do anything but wait-,"

Dracos eyes casted towards the empty spot at the table where Harry always sat, his heart yearning for his best friend.