Chapter 1- Things change

••••••••
Harry's POV

Eighth-year was going to be great.

I wanted it to be great

I needed it to be great

With all the shit the universe has pulled on my life- I am in desperate need of a break.

As a collaboration I helped out the cleaning of Hogwarts during a bit of the summer holidays and made good friends with Draco along the way, the contrast in our personalities may have seen appalling to most, and it did to us at first, but that call changed when insults turned into banter and glaring turned into late-night drawing sessions in late summer.

I hate to admit it, but he was one of the main reasons I still managed to keep going after all the tears and bloodshed. After all the people lost that I somewhat felt responsible for, he was that little glint of hope that was left for me.

I mean no one expected it.

Neither did I to be fair.

But after Draco being a death eater during the war and us hating each other for literally forever,  we sort of just clicked. I stopped Draco from being sentenced to Azkaban though it meant and Narcissa Malfoy also got out of jail too.

However, his father didn't and Dray seemed slightly upset about that but I didn't question it. Sadly and like always I had a feeling that the year was going to go wrong. My whole mentality was set on forgetting the war... and yet it seemed like it was one never-ending circuit of hope, betrayal and loss

It was a cold morning in London as I stood next to Draco on Platform nine and three quarters, "So you ready to go back to school?" He asked but as I went to reply there was a slight tap on my back,

Cedric.

"Hey Harry, We were talking loads over the summer so I was wondering..... If you would be my boyfriend?"

That wasn't a lie, we spent an unhealthy amount of time swimming, eating and watching the sunset. I couldn't deny the fuzzy feelings that I had when we locked eyes for a bit too long from across the field.

••••••••
Flashback

"I can't believe this," Cedric breathed as he and Harry fell back into the late summer grass.

"what?"

"that I'm here, with you, on the grass -alive,"

Harry didn't answer he just blushed looking up into the clear sky near the lake he and Cedric found off-campus.

"you know," Cedric rolled over softly looking at Harry who was sunkissed beautifully his skin appearing a majestic golden and his dark hair shimmering "I'm glad it was you,"

"what's that supposed to mean,"

"I'm glad it was you that i got to spend this summer with - not anybody else,"

harry laughed his voice ringing out. "you're such a sap, Cedric Diggory? more like Cedric diggatree,"

The honey brown-haired boy's eyes squinted as his cheeks rose "you wouldn't get it chosen one,"

"sure,"

Harry looked away as his hand intertwined with Cedric's

Even if it was just for a minute - everything was perfect.

End of Flashback
••••••••

It Was a pretty crappy way to ask me out but I fell for it completely.

"Of cours-"

"We need to go now and pick up Teddy from- Oh hello Cedric, Lucius 2.0." Sirius smiled receiving a hit from Remus but Draco laughed it off even though I knew he hated to be compared to his father,

"You can call me Draco."

"Mhm." Sirius sighed as he walked off with Remus, waving goodbye to me, Draco and Cedric.

"So that's a yes?" The taller male asked and I nodded, he jumped with joy slightly making me giggle.

"We should probably get on the train now it's about to leave, "Dray said picking up our trunks. Cedric took my trunk from Draco but I took no notice, he was just being a good boyfriend right?

We all quickly boarded the train and Hermione, Ron, Pansy, Griffin, Raven and Blaise joined us shortly

."Hey guys," I smiled.

I hadn't seen most of them in ages but as I went to sit down Cedric pulled me back,

"Harry maybe we should sit in an empty compartment just the two of us?" I looked for approval from my friends but the only person who took any notice was Draco, he seemed annoyed but it was hard to tell so I just brushed it off.

"Hey Harry, do you want to stay over in the Hufflepuff dorm tonight? I mean if we don't switch rooms for the eighth year."

I thought for a second it did seem a bit forward since we had not even been dating for up to an hour  but I agreed, maybe it was an opportunity to get to know him better.

"Sure,"

A long silence came tumbling after, no now knowing what to do or what to say.

I rocked back and forth slowly, my fingers grasping the seat tightly, unsure of what to do with them.

"So want to play a game?" He asked sensing the awkwardness.

"Yeah sure, how about exploding snaps?" I asked, pulling the game from my trunk.

We played a few rounds before Cedric commented, "Why are you talking to Malfoy all of a sudden. I mean ....he is a death eater?"

"He is an EX- death eater that was forced to do what he did by his father.  Plus by the end of the war, he was on the right side, that year was hard on everyone and things change," I replied annoyed, my thighs came out in a mixed series of statements but I was sure I got the message across. Even if Cedric was my boyfriend I still wouldn't talk down on one of my best friends.

"Right... Do you wanna do something else then?." Cedric asked, slightly taken aback and I agreed.

We played some muggle card games the Sirius, Remus and I always use when Teddy, their kid, goes to bed. I won because he had no idea how to play, which was pretty funny on both sides, he just couldn't get his head around the simplest of rules.

I looked at my boyfriend in admiration

Yh sounds right.