Chapter 13 - The Power of Friendship

••••••••
Readers POV

Harry breathed out slowly as he glanced at himself once again at the mirror. This was the first time he was going to try a full day of lessons after he and Cedric fought and broke up. He was nervous to be completely honest, he had done several things to move past himself and feel freer. he tried lots of new things to try and better his mental health. One of them was meditation.

Harry liked meditation because it helped. It was like you were reaching places of your mind that you never ventured in, with a massive rubbish bag and taking out all the clutter. Almost like a messy room, starting with small things and then as you get better and more confident taking on the bigger things. This was a long process for Harry because he soon came to realise that his mind was very messy with a desperate need of a cleanup, to finally get rid of things that he had been lugging around for years.

Harry continued debating whether or not he wanted to wear his bucket hat on his new outfit, Cedric said he never liked Harry in bucket hats; said it made him look ugly.

But Cedric doesn't matter now. He placed it on his head triumphantly doing something small for himself. Sure his outfit was plain and simple to the naked eye. But to harry, this was the first time in a long time that he wore what he wanted to without any rules or restrictions, it was refreshing in a way. He decided that he look good today, and no one was going to tell him otherwise. He wore an oversized mute green hoodie and brown straight trousers with some simple white airforces.

"you got this," he smiled at himself before picking up his bag and walking out of his dorm.

He felt every creak as we walked down the stairs to the eighth year common room, it was still silent, he did wake up slightly earlier than most people did as a part of his new routine. the only person there was Draco and Hermione who gazed at the stairs glassy-eyed as Harry made his way down.

"Harry," Hermione chocked out moving towards him slowly

"Hey Mione, how are you?"

"I'm brilliant now that you're here," she smiled pulling him gently into a hug not wanting to impose any sudden movements on him. as they hugged she could still feel the tenseness in Harry's muscles but it was understandable after what he went through.

Harry smiled gratefully turning to Draco who was seemingly frozen, the only thing sign that he was alive was the rise and fall of his chest, he got up slowly moving towards Harry and hugging him slowly patting his back softy as he gradually melted into the hug.

"I'm so glad you're here," he muttered only audible to Harry.

"Me too," Harry replied almost crying at his words,

"You owe me a lot of drawing sessions by the way,"

"Hmm I'll be sure to get my sketchbook ready," Harry teased back, smiling happily at the two in front of him

"So what do you say we go grab some breakfast?" Hermione asked gathering her books on the table and placing them into her bag. Harry nodded following his friend out with Draco trailing behind them.

By the time they made it to the great hall, it was starting to fill up with students bit by bit, filled with the early Monday morning chatter lacing the walls. This made harry realise how much missed the things he used to do, he shuffled down the bench settling opposite Draco and next to Hermione, gazing at the food in front of him and taking some pancakes and some syrup. Pancakes were one of Harry's comfort foods so he was pleased when he saw the stacked circles on his plate slathered lovingly over with maple syrup.

He picked up his knife and fork eagerly and started eating, enjoying every mouthful the table was peaceful with murmurs in the background while Hermione flicked her pages over with her vacant hand,

"I've done loads of new pieces recently Harry you should see it," Draco spoke catching up with what it seemed Harry had missed.

"Harry OH my god, Darling," Pansy quickly hastened her walk towards the table before pulling Harry up cutting him off mid-conversation.

"Hey Pansy," he blushed allowing himself to be pulled into a light hug by the black-haired girl, She pressed a platonic kiss to his forehead cupping his cheeks squishing them ever so slightly.

"I missed you, idiot," she whispered almost inaudible, Harry was afraid she might start crying it looked like her makeup had a broad danger of being ruined in that split second. Behind her, Harry registered a very teary raven who hadn't uttered a word since she had walked in with Pansy. After Pansy had taken a step back she moved forward and hugged Harry wordlessly, even though she didn't say anything, her actions spoke loudly.

Pansy conversed with him as she spread Nutella on her toast clinging on to every one of his words as he spoke, making Harry feel happy. He hadn't felt truly listened to recently and it was a feeling that left you feeling empty, almost as though you were in space trying to scream your heart out and still not being heard.

Draco seemed to tense beside Harry all of a sudden making him snap his head to the side confused at his sudden shift of behaviour. He traced Draco's eyeliner to the doors of the great hall. Oh...

Harry gulped visibly looking away as quickly as he saw, looking at anywhere but behind him, he was still here?

He smiled sheepishly scratching his head like a nervous reaction, "The ministry insisted that he continue schooling until his trial which is in 3 days," Draco spoke his eyes still transfixed burning into Cedric's skull if looks could kill...

Harry nodded, he was bothered by this but what could he do? he knew it was a long process and he tried his best to convince himself not to run away, he had done that for far too long.

"Are you ok? we can leav-" Hermione hastily began to scramble for her bookmark ready to take leave, harry pulled her arm softly smiling,

"No I'm ok, thanks 'Mione"

She nodded, her eyes widening slightly but quickly regaining composure and settling back down craning her book open once again.

there was a silence over the group despite the fact the now noisy hall provided ambience,

" 'ARRY," Ron hurtled in with Blaise and Griffin trailing behind him walking with purpose to the table,

"Good Morning to you too Ron," Harry laughed fist-bumping him as the ginger scooted next to Hermione.

"It's so good to see you Mate," Ron smiled piling his plate with sausages and eggs immediately as always.

"believe me it's good to see you too," Harry chuckled ducking as Blaise ruffled his hair

"Pottah," Blaise mimicked Draco as he sat down smirking at Harry he continued laughing getting exactly what he implied and enjoying the face Draco pulled as he spoke.

"it's too early to fight Dray Blaise, Nice to see you harry" Griffin smiled patting harry's hand making Blaise pout playfully, and start scoffing his eggs,

"Don't choke Blaise," Griffin grimaced sipping his coffee graciously

"Don't worry, I have an excellent gag reflex," H beamed making Draco snort in shock and laughter

"BIT-,"

Harry was beginning to understand something: His friends made life so much easier.

and he hoped that they would stay like this forever