Chapter 3- I don't want to lose you

Harry's POV

I blushed as Cedric took my hand and walked us out of the compartment. I kind of felt bad for leaving Draco but I guess he must have his reason for wanting us to talk alone. What if he wants to kiss me!? I hovered on the idea, adrenaline rushing through me at the thought. As we entered the male bathroom Ced locked the door. Weird place for a chat,

"Harry. I like you, you know that right?' I blushed again and nodded.

"I like you too," Cedric took my hand again, spinning us around and sat me down on the toilet seat crouching in front of me.

"I know you and Draco are friends but could you not hang out with him all the time?" I was taken aback by his statement. "Is this about Draco's past?- cause if so I don't want to hear it," I said crossing my arms and looking to the side.

"Harry it's not that, it's just I have a little more experience than you and I think Malfoy is trying to take you away from me," Cedric gently pulled my face to look at his and looked at me sadly and I felt myself become less mad.

"Cedric, why on earth would you think that? We're just best friends." said my whole angry demeanor vanishing.

"It just in past relationships I have been cheated on a lot and I just....I just I don't want to lose you,"

"Cedric I would never cheat on you ok? And if it makes you feel better I won't hang out with him all the time but you have to remember that he's my best friend. I'm not going to disconnect from him completely," I said, leaning in, to hug him.

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me gently, I was glad that he was talking to me about things instead of letting emotions build up and cause a bigger argument- we stayed like that for about a minute before letting go.

"How about another game of UNO?" he asked and I nodded.
"Yeah ok, but I'm going to beat your ass." I laughed.

"You wish." He did the same.

Cedric's POV

Harry and I sat back in the compartment we were in before, and thankfully Malfoy had left. He gets on my nerves more than words can describe. Seeing him flirt with Harry in front of my face makes me mad. Harry is mine, and mine alone.

"I told you that you would lose!" Harry boasted as I yet again lost another game of UNO.
"Harry?" I asked smoothly, "Yes Ced." He cocked his head to the side in a questioning way, kind of like a dog.

"Do you think we will use that massive area that was rebuilt after the battle of Hogwarts as an eighth-year dorming and common space?"

"Maybe, I mean it might be a squish for all of the eighth years to have dorms in their allocated houses. It would be fun now we're adults to have our sort of house."

"Yeah and we will probably get more abilities and privileges when going back to school," I said, inching slightly closer to Harry. He blushed as I did so, he was really freaking cute.

_Time skip brought to you by POTTAH_

(Harry's POV)

As we arrived at Hogwarts all the happy and sad emotions ran back to me, I don't know why but it was the happiest I had felt in a long ass time. Being with Remus, Sirius and Teddy was great fun but this feeling was different.

I sat next to Ron and Hermione and we talked a little before Professor McGonagall stood up and started to speak to us,

"Hello students, I have a lot to cover but as always we will start with the sorting ceremony."