13// honey

confession: when i was first stanning skz and was trying to get my friend to stan them too we stumbled on this pic and she asked me if that was rly leeknow and i couldn't tell... to this day i'm still embarrassed

also damn, this posting schedule is so regular.. 👀

"why did they always act like we're related?"

"i don't know. maybe it was easier for them to be our parents if they pretended that we're real brothers," minho traced a little flower on jisung's arm with his finger. buzz.

"being your brother was very hard," the shorter admitted and nuzzled his face in the soft sleep tshirt of the other.

minho smacked his lips together, "i know," he whispered, as if he was talking to himself. buzz.

"do you think granny minds that i'm not sleeping in the other room?"

"quite frankly, i don't care," minho returned and squeezed the boy in his arms a little tighter.

"i know but i don't want to disappoint her," jisung reflected. buzz, "she's the only relative that we have left. and i know she isn't really our relative but it's the closest thing i'll ever have.."

"if you want a relative you can have me," the older cupped his cheeks in the darkness and his eyes somehow found the shorter's, "alright, honey?"

jisung shyly nodded. he didn't know if that could be considered the same thing but being minho's honey was honourable enough.

they hugged and relaxed, each in their own thoughts but they were still connected.

buzz.

that sound seemed to accompany everything the two were saying, stubbornly like a constant background noise and jisung clicked his tongue, "hey, do you hear that?"

"mhm," minho replied and removed his arm from the shorter who leapt up to turn on the lamp.

once he did, the sight was shocking. there were at least a dozen bees flying through the room and resting on the curtains, bed and windows. minho froze and sunk into his pillow, pretending to be a statue.

"oh my god, do you have something for the allergy?," jisung asked, perfectly aware that the chance of the insects stinging him was high.

"n-no," minho muttered, paralysed by the shock.

"it's alright, cover up," jisung instructed and watched as the other disappeared under the covers. he had closed the window when they went to bed so now jisung carefully approached the window and took the handle, keeping an eye on as many of the bees as he possibly could.

some of the insects were attracted by the light though, and another part was entertaining themselves going up and down the curtain.

"are you done?," minho's muffled voice came from under the cover.

"no, stay there," jisung loudly returned. some of the bees seemed to be leaving but some continued entering and the whole room was a mess.

there was a lot of action on the curtain so jisung lifted it up gently, trying not to get stung. when he did so, he found out why the bees were so keen on entering the room this evening of all time.

on the floor, hidden by the curtain, was another dozen or so of bees that were feeding themselves off of some honey that was put in a bowl. jisung gasped and looked around for something to use as a glove.

he took his tshirt from the previous day and put his arm inside it, hoping to be protected from the stingers as he was taking the bowl up and putting it out on the window. the bees were getting in and out of his glove as he did so, and they tickled him but he courageously placed the honey on the outer ledge of the window.

he waited for all the insects to follow the sweet substance and once he was certain that the bees were gone, the took off his impromptu glove and closed his hand to remove it easier, "ah!"

one last bee, upon getting squished by the boy's finger, had decided to protect itself by stinging him. he didn't even know if he was allergic or not but now was the time to find out, he thought.

he squeezed his skin to get the venomous part out and it came right off. he wasn't having trouble breathing so that was a good sign. the bees also seemed to be leaving, chasing the honey avidly.

"can i come out?"

"you can but i don't think granny would appreciate your confession," the shorter joked but looked around for more honey and bees in the corners of the room.

minho giggled and uncovered his head while the other was closing the window. he could see the bowl of honey on the ledge and stammered, "what just happened?"

"they're gone, don't worry," jisung replied and sat down on the bed. minho pulled him onto his lap.

"where did they sting you?"

the shorter pouted but showed his ring finger. it was swelling up and hurt a little but he reassured, "it's fine. at least they're out."

"we're not safe here," minho took his hand and held it, supporting jisung's waist with the other one, "i want to leave," he sobbed, looking at the bowl at the windowsill.

"no, no, it's okay," the younger softly whispered and pushed minho's head to his chest to calm him down. he understood his fear and kissed his head, "it's alright, baby, you're okay. we can go home, right?," he asked and let go a little so that they could look at one another.

"really?," minho asked like a small child, with tears brimming his eyes.

"yes. sunday is bus day. we'll catch it and go home, okay?," jisung smiled soothingly. minho nodded and burst into tears.

"she could've killed me," he muttered and held onto the shorter's waist.

"shh, she can't. i'm here, okay? i'm here to take care of you," jisung kissed the older's forehead gently, "i'll do anything for you."

"you don't have to, just get me out of here," minho sniffled and brushed his face with a trembling hand.

"i will," the younger whispered comfortingly, "3 more days, promise."