Part 7

We start making our way to the library. I can't believe she said our spot. OUR spot. I think Poussey feels a lot more comfortable in the library. And the way she said our spot, she sounded happy almost excited. While walking down the hall behind her a couple COs were walking around. And of course walking towards us was Mr. porno stash 'MENDEZ'. He's just starting at me, licking his lips and moving his eyes up and down. Coming back up my body he locks eyes with me. Jumping back startled by my eyes yells out,

"You got TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME. WHO THE FUCK LET HER IN HERE. WHAT A FUCKING FREAK. TAKE YOUR CONTACTS OUT NOW!"

Baffled at the fact he said that to me I looked down and continued to walk to the library. Poussey turns around because of the outburst of Mendez and before I could get near her Mendez grabs my shoulder and spins me around.

"I told you TAKE. OUT. YOUR. CONTACTS. FREAK" Mendez snarls at me getting up close and personal with me.

I look at him dead in the eyes open my blue eye open it up a little bit more and stick my finger in my eye. Moving my finger over my eye and pulling nothing out.

"My eye colors are real, it's a birth defect. Look at my file. It's all real" I spit out with my eye watering.

He shoved me and walked away. My back hit the wall of the hallway and I fell a little to the floor. Poussey and Taysee come up to me. I don't even know where T came from, and helped me to my feet.

"FLOYD ARE YOU OKAY! Did her hurt you"

"Did he look hungry, I thought he was going to take you man"

Both of them bombarding me with questions and comments about what just happened. Honestly I was fine. I've been called a freak my entire life. That word can't hurt me anymore. It can't even phase me anymore.

"Yeah I'm fine. At least I DONT HAVE A PEDO STASH" I yell out down the hall to see if I can get Mendez mad. But luckily he was out of sight.

Poussey is walking to the left of me now and the is on the right. She won't leave my side. She looks pissed. But I can't figure out why.

"Hey, hey, HEY" I kept saying over and over until Poussey finally stops walking and looks at me. Rage in her eyes, glistening almost as if she's trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry. Sorry. I'm sorry. I just didn't like the way he was looking at you. I didn't like the way he was talking to you. Man I didn't like anything about that and if I jumped into help you I would of been sent to solitude but I would of jumped in. I wanted to jump in but I didn't want him to take you anywhere..." Poussey rambling on.

"Sunshine I'm okay. I can stand my own sometimes" I say with a smile.

She starts to calm down a little. Smiling when I called her sunshine.

"Poussey. I need your help" I hear as we walk into the library.

Watson was in the library waiting for Poussey, gives me a nod and I go my way to the corner. Our corner. I pull out a book that was by me and of course it was 'To kill a mockingbird' and I started to read. Out of the corner of my eye I see Poussey with her group. Hanging out at one of the tables laughing and talking. I love seeing her hanging out with her crew. Man I love seeing her happy. I switch my book to the book Poussey was reading. Of course it was Harry Potter but I didn't mind. I want her to hangout with her friends. Her family.

I was reading for so long I had no idea so much time has passed and I feel a presence come in front of me. I look up and see Suzzan standing in front of me. I make eye contact with her and she jumps back.

"Sorry sorry sorry. I forgot your eyes different." She says hitting her head.

"Oh hon no it's okay it's okay, I understand it'll take some time getting used to. You can always ask me questions about it." I say standing up and grabbing her hands hold them into mine giving her a smile.

He looks me in the eyes and nods seeing it's okay to be scared by them and turns back to her crew that is now standing behind her. All of them worried.

"Scary eyes said it's okay she won't hurt me" and they all were relieved.

From the door of the library I see Nicky and she waves at me and comes in.

"P can I take your girlfriend for lunch. We all miss her"

"First of all shes not my girl-"

"Yes she is at this point and you need to learn how to share" Nicky says as she grabs my arm and drags me to the cafeteria.