Part 2

I wake up in a tan brick room really close to the ceiling. A bit confused I flip my legs off the side of the bed letting them dangle seeing my legs in orange. Then it hit me, all the memories of yesterday crawling back into my head. The memory that stands out the most is her almond eyes and how I felt when Poussey touched my hand. My legs were still because I didn't know what to do with my day till Nicky pushes my foot.
" You can't be dead yet are you? " she asks as I lift my upper body from it's laying position.

" Hell nah babes. I'm jut laying down. " I say throwing myself off the bed and onto the floor by her.

" Breakfast ready dear? " Nicky asks leading me to the cafeteria again.

Following Nicky I start to pay attention to a little more things now. I know where the library is now, bathrooms, bunks for when I get moved, tv room and the chapel.

" This chick looks flawless. The fuck you doin in here? " A Spanish girl behind me asks and I look up at her.

" Graffiti and Drugs " is all I say and the Spanish girl and her friend freak out.

" INMATES CALM YOURSELVES! " an CO calls out and they start to calm down.

" It was because of the eyes huh? " I asked looking down while moving a finger around my eyes.

I don't look up at anyone in line. My eye colors always made people uncomfortable and never look me in the eyes. I hate it. They make me stick out like a sore thumb. I grab my tray and find Nicky with Morello and Piper. I sit next to Morello because Piper was sitting next to Nicky.

" What was Ruiz freaking about? " Alex asks sitting on the other side of Piper.

" my eyes. " Is all I get out before finishing my food and throwing it away.

Morello, Nicky and Alex give me an apologetic look and Piper puts a hand on mine. My eyes make me look like a freak but it's whatever. Big boo comes and sits with us and now I'm in the middle of her and Morello. I look up and I see Poussey looking at me.. I think. I look felt myself starting to look down before I could figure out if she was looking at me.

" Who are you staring at? " Morello asks while everyone else is in they're own conversations.

" Poussey " I state with a smile.

" Ohhh you have a crush! Young love! " Morello gushes then hugs and shakes me.

Morello has to go because she drives the van and Nicky and Piper left to electrical for their jobs. I left before I could figure out what Big boo does. I was walking until I found the library. I open the door and walk in. I see a few girls already in here. I go into the back and see 3 of Shakespeare's books. Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and Julius Cesar. I also found a few of Stephen king's books too. I grab 'Children of the Corn' by Stephen King and sit in the corner where I in my personal opinion think no one will come. I'm in the back on a ledge. Feet up legs close to my chest with the book resting in the middle. I read and read and read some more to where I'm really into the book and I fell myself getting a little paranoid. But King's books always got me scared. He was strange with his characters but it felt so realistic.

" You know you can check that out? " someone asks which startles me.

" You jumpy pretty eyes " I hear someone say knowing instantly it was Poussey.

" Uhh yeah it's quite in here and I feel like I can hide in this corner. Also horror stories that are ACTUALLY good can make you a little paranoid. " I say looking up at Poussey and her friend I think.

" Damnn girl. What's wrong with your eyes? " The girl next to Poussey freaks.

" TAYSTEE " Poussey hits her and yells her name.

" What? Her eyes are bright and they scared me a bit. " Taystee states trying to save herself from her friend's wrath.

" They are bright and beautiful. They make her, her. They look good on her. Have you ever see someone who has 2 eye colors? " Poussey says / asked.
" no " Taystee said looking at me.

" Man I'm sorry for freaking. I bet that happens a lot. " Taystee says looking down.

" Second time today. " I say not looking up from my book.

I was freaking out because no one has ever stood up for me and the more I thought about it I started to blush. Taystee and Poussey walked away a few seconds ago so I was getting back into my book.

" Do you want to sit on the floor with me? " Poussey asks with a hopeful smile.

" Of course " I say plopping on the floor and Poussey comes and sits by me.

" Why do you read horror stuff if it makes you jumpy? " Poussey asks opening up her book. The title read Harry Potter.

" Hmm because these are someone else's crazy thoughts. You can really get to know someone's dark and scared side just from what they write. " I say as I turn the page.

" Thank you for sticking up for me " I say looking up at Poussey giving her a genuine smile.

" No problem. Your beautiful eyes don't need that kind of hate. " She says winking at me.

" You're super cute when you blush " Poussey says poking my cheek

" Nope stopppp. " I say getting up to talk away from her.

" What? Pretty eyes sit back down. " She grabs my arm and I fall down onto her.

" Fineeeeee. " I hold out the 'E' then getting off of her.

She had a sad look when I got off but changed it to concerned when she looked at me.

" I get uncomfortable when someone compliments me. It doesn't happen a lot. " I say looking down.

" Well you know me now so get ready for compliments all the time I see you. " She says making me look up at her. Her touch gives me tingles and goosebumps.

" Man you don't have to do that. " I say opening my book back up.

" I WANT to. " she states look out in front of her.
" I want to check this out Washington. " someone says and Poussey gets up and helps her.

I'm guessing she works here. I lay down and keep reading. A few minutes pass and Poussey comes back can I get up so she claim her spot where she was by me.

" You can lay back down. I don't care you looked comfortable. " She says lifting her left arm up so I can lay on her leg.

I sat my head on her leg and she put her arm on my shoulder it wasn't in my way. A few seconds later she starts to run her fingers through my ombré hair. Man she really knows how to get someone to fall for her. I look up at her but she was distracted by my hair and her book.

" So what are you in for? " I ask her

" Drugs. What about you? " She says still playing with my hair but puts her book down.

" Drugs and Graffiti. " I say putting my book down.

" Damn you got put in for art? The hell? " she asks sounding a little frustrated.

" Yep. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. " I say

" Tell me about your art work. " Poussey says sounding genuinely interested.

" Well. I always went big. " I say