𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝚃𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠

Draco Malfoy

Life was made of yesterdays and tomorrows. Today was becoming yesterday and tomorrow was becoming today. It was how it worked, and I never complained about how mother nature was working, but this year. And just like it used to, tomorrow became today, and I was more afraid than I was yesterday.

"I feel like this autumn is colder than it was the year before," said Blaise.

"Blaise, stop acting like you're 70. It sucks," responded Pansy, who was walking next to Hecie.

Hogwarts was covered in snow, so were the surroundings. The path to Hogsmeade was hard to follow. It even seemed longer because of the difficulty I had to walk in the snow. Or was it the difficulty of committing a murder that was consuming my mind since I woke up that day ?

"Guys, I asked my mother to send partitions for our Thursday nights, which she did. She used to be married to a musician, sadly, he died, but he left all of his stuff at home, including the partitions," said a very excited Blaise.

"Great, I love using dead people's stuff," responded Pansy, which made Hecie and I laugh.

"That explains your great grandma's clothes. How sweet of you, Pan," Blaise mocked.

An outsider could have thought that Pansy and Blaise hated each other, but they weren't. Sarcasm was their way to communicate.

Blaise and Pansy carried on their discussion, about dead people and music we could all play, while Hecie came to my side, holding my arm.

"Ready, Brother ?" she asked, as quietly as possible. Our friends knew nothing of our doings. They were silently suspicious of their friends being a part of the Death Eaters army, but we couldn't tell them, their best friends were about to start the war everyone was afraid of.

"Like I said yesterday. Do I have a choice ?" I responded, in a cold voice, matching the weather.

Indeed, the walk to Hogsmeade seemed longer than it usually was because I couldn't keep my mind out of my troubles and because Hecie didn't help either.

"Everything will be alright, Dray. I agree to proceed in a discrete way to murder Dumbledore, so that he shall never be killed by our own hands. We're only there to help the process. I did that for you, you know I wanted to confront him, but I chose to stand by your side. Be grateful," she spoke.

I knew that, but it didn't erase my fear, not at all.

"Pansy, you can't say that Fleetwood Mac are better than Queen. It's outrageous and completely wrong," said Blaise, in complete shock, trying to clear himself a path, wind blowing in his face.

"Now, you're telling me what I can or can't say. Stevie Nicks is way better than your Freddie Mercury ever was. First of all, she's a witch, second, she's still doing music. Can your Freddie say the same thing ? I don't think so-" Pansy carried on but was interrupted by Blaise, who suddenly stopped walking.

"BECAUSE HE DIED."

"And ? Men are really the weakest beings, I swear," she said, leaving his best friend speechless.

He turned to face us and said, "Why are we friends with her ? It seems I can't remember any good reasons to befriend such a monster, don't you think ?"

The boy seemed to forget that one of us was sleeping with the monster in question. But the situation was a lot of fun for me to observe.

"Well, I can find a lot of reasons, but none that involves you," answered Hecie, her face definitely showing what she was talking about, and it definitely wasn't of our business.