𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 - 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛

Draco Malfoy

Three very confident knocks and a black haired girl made her entrance.

"Still nothing, Hecie ?" I asked, for the hundredth time this semester. It was almost February and we haven't had anything to give to the Dark Lord, nor was the Old Man dead yet. We were failing at our tasks, deeply failing.

"With all the time she gets to spend with you is time that you can't spend on our other tasks, or your own friends, or me."

"Please, Dray. I think you passed the age of having a babysitter, so do Pansy and Blaise," she mocked. "Granger is starting to trust me, Dray. I can feel it. Plus you know how weird it could look that I, Hekate Malfoy, am trying to befriend her, again. So she needs time, you kn-"

"Hekate ! We don't have time. What the hell are you doing ?"

"Draco, " she said, much more as an attack, then an attempt to calm me down. "I am doing great. We both know that I can't use the charm on her. She is way too clever to not notice that she had blackout, and if she noticed, which she will. She would want to know why. I think we played well enough with our discretion in this castle."

Two mentions to Katie were made. First, she isn't clever enough to be considered as someone dangerous when Hekate's friend was. Second, the fact that we failed on her - I failed on her - badly. She was still in the coma. I wanted to go see her, make my apologies, and discuss, but St. Mango was well guarded and even more so after the official return of the Death Eaters, this year. Even sending a letter would look suspicious, so I've done nothing but wait, praying that she would be back some day, happy and healthy like she used to be. I didn't expect her to forgive me, nor did I expect her to remember this day. I was more hoping than I was expecting. But either way, I was the selfish one.

A. I wanted her to not remember this day, because it would mean she would remember the crime and mostly the criminal.

B. I wanted her to remember, because it wasn't a lot, but it was one more moment that she shared, even for a brief moment. Even if I almost killed her afterwards, maybe could she forgive me ?

"How much more time do you need ?" I asked, as if surrendering to a million soldiers in a battalion.

"A month ?" she wasn't sure of it, it was showing. The way I looked at her was destabilizing her. I didn't know why, I never had that much power over her, she was the one in power; always was, always will.

"And what happens after that ?" she asked while sitting on my bed, looking quickly at the homework I had around me, books and essays.

"We tell everything to the Dark Lord. Everything that he has to know. Once we have our information, you will not have to spend any more time with her. Play wisely and make her realize she was a pawn in your game and in her friends' fall. Seems like the best way to have your revenge."

She didn't seem as enchanted as she was when I first asked her to be the one in charge of this mission.

She has told me every single thing that happened between them, because each word of Granger may have been a hint to their plan, she showed me the time they spent together and it was nearly a month since it started and from what I was witnessing, we were facing a big enemy here, Hecie's heart.

Thanks to an old sortilege which was used by the Aurors to write down the entirety of their mission, she was able to keep in a little notebook the outgoing of the past and following months.

***

February 12th, 1996.

A month has passed and Hecie was, well not Hecie. She wasn't there with us, most of the time. She was somewhere else on her secret mission, rather her secret friendship just like it used to be back in our first year.