𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚞𝚜 - 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟻𝟻𝟶

December 20th, 1997

Day 550

Dear Sirius,

The war is getting closer and closer. It's difficult. People are being killed or abducted.  I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.  It's hard. I'm staying somewhere safe. I know the Weasley's are in a safeplace too. I went there once, or twice, just to make sure everyone was safe. Although we have Potterwatch, it feels nice to see them. Last week, I went to Andie and Ted's. They are now in a safehouse too. Oh, and so is Mary. We- They all miss you, Pads. I do too, to be honest.

Have you ever met someone and felt like you met a ghost ?

It happened to me today. Your ghost, it was, Pads.

Your nephew, Draco. He takes a lot from you, as much as it surprises me. Last time I saw him, he seemed to be more into this supremacy nonsense, but I don't know... something tells me he changed. The war. It changes us, you know it best.

Draco is like me now. He was cursed last summer. What they do to kids in this family. I've seen how they treated you Pads, what they did to Andie. They won't stop, not as long as they still have heirs. I would have believed Narcissa better than the others, Draco said she was more than caring, maybe she's stuck in this nightmare too. She always seemed nice back when we were at Hogwarts. Andie also said, she wasn't as bad as the other Blacks were. But Malfoy is in the equation; we all know where Malfoy stands.

The kid discovered about me through Madam Pomfrey, she didn't tell him, he said he had to look for clues on his own, he's smart, isn't he?

I think you would like him, Sirius.

We talked about music, did you know he enjoyed muggle music too? We talked about ABBA, Fleetwood Mac and Queen. You know me, Pads, I told him to look up for Bowie, he would love Bowie.

I know you would like him.

He is lost and he's asking to be rescued, not verbally. But his eyes did. I'm going to help him out, Sirius. He needs guidance, because although he is starting to realise, I believe his mindset must be quite deep-rooted, but nothing that can't be changed.

You changed, you already did a long part of the journey on your own, but you still did. Andie did. Nothing's impossible as long as you work for it.

But he has Hekate, his sister. He calls her Hecie. Made me think of you and Reggie.

The day and the night. The sun and the moon. Perfectly opposite.

He didn't say much about her. They aren't talking anymore. I don't know if she can be saved, Pads. She is the one who killed Dumbledore, Harry told me. He saw her that day.

She is different from Draco. Harry said she always has been different. She was calm, quiet, and never truly cared about fighting people or socialising. She was in her world. He also said she had this dark aura. As if dark magic was enlightening her eyes and soul. It might be too late for her, already.

And Draco, he seemed mad against her but would she leave her? She is her twin. It's an odd and unbreakable bond. He might be mad, but I saw how they acted back in their 3rd year, they protect each other, and I think they will keep doing it. Maybe I'm wrong. After all, they're not on speaking terms anymore. But Draco needs her there. I told him that. I believe soulmates are real. Not intentionally romantic soulmates, just two people completing each other. This is what they are. I told him he needed her there, but outside? He would never leave without her. Soulmates.

But if history repeats itself and what I see in them his Regulus and you. They'll fight each other, but not as much as they would fight someone coming for one of them.

I just hope history won't repeat itself for once. The deaths must stop.

We should care less about the scars and more about the stars, like you used to say.

I'm letting the quill go on the paper under the night sky. I see the stars. I hope you see me too, Pads.

It's been too long, but until we meet again, don't forget about me, sweetheart.

I won't.

Yours,

Moony.