𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎

Draco Malfoy

"The Holyhead Harpies won the match against the Montrose Magpies and the 2006 British and Irish League," said the commentator.

"Indeed, MacMillan. This is the first big win for the all-female team in years now, surely the new team's organisation has something to do with that. They can all be proud of their achievements," responded the other one.

The crowd was on fire this night. The Holyhead were the final winners and everyone was ready to celebrate this victory.

"Pardon me, Sir. Where can I find the VIP section to reach the team ?" I asked.

"Third door on your left," answered the working man.

I made my way to the room where family and friends were waiting for the players. The room was full but I could see familiar faces. There were the Weasley's waiting for Ginny to arrive and I could recognize some other former students I went to Hogwarts with.

But the person I was waiting for wasn't there yet. The quidditch players were coming almost one by one, all victorious and loud. Everyone was happy and some were a bit boozy, as if the celebration began before the victory even happened.

Then, the girl I was waiting for made her entrance, tired and excited at the same time, but carried by the adrenalin.

"Here's my glorious champion," I yelled, running in her arms, lifting her in the air.

She kissed me, slowly and gently.

"I can't believe we finally won, Dray. We worked so bad and here we are," said Katie, out of breath.

Someone passed behind me and said, "You can be proud of your girl, Malfoy, without her new strategies and moves, we wouldn't have won." It was Ginny. "All the credit goes to you, Katie."

Katie was flattered, but too modest to show it.

"Thank you, Gin' but it could never have worked if all of you weren't as talented and supportive as you all are," Katie responded, breaking our hug to take the ginger girl in her arms.

Ginny hugged her back, gave me a smile and made her way to her family.

"Do you feel like celebrating your win tonight, love ?" I asked her while we were walking to her stuff.

"Yes, a little party at home would suit me," she said, taking a sip of water, "Can you ask Hecie and Hermione, I believe they were with you during the match. I'll go see the team, see if they want to come."

I smiled at her and caught her lips one last time before reaching the loud crowd again.

This life was all I could have asked for. War-less, friends and family all healthy and alive. I had the girl I loved since my fourteenth by my side and my sister and best friend on the other. There were highs and lows but lows aren't important when your highs are higher.

We had this little house near Cardiff (where Katie was training with the Holyhead). I was working in a little broomstick company down the Celtic Sea. Our life was calm and sweet. On the weekend, when Katie was home, we would most likely go by the sea for a walk or a picnic.

We laughed, we cried, we discovered and learned together, we both felt like nothing could reach us anymore. Darkness was an old school friend I used to know but who disappeared through the years, through death or through life.

"HECIE !" I yelled, trying to catch her attention in the lousy mob.

She heard me and came towards me.

"No need to yell that way," she said.

"My bad. Would you fancy a feast with some folks ?" I said, smirking.