Chapter 11

Ivy

As Malia asks Mila if she is okay with the club River and Gray planned to go to I look over to them. River is tapping away at his phone like his life depends on it and Gray is laughing. It looks like Gray is laughing at River but River is stone-faced so maybe he just thought of something funny.

"I'm fine with it," Mila says.

"Great, let's go then." River says looking directly at her.

"All of us can fit in River's car, right?" Mila asks while counting heads.

"Nope, one too many. No seatbelt in the middle. We'll have to ride separately." River says while grabbing his keys. He looks slightly relieved for some reason.

"Ivy could always sit on my lap," Gray says to River and River gives him a look that says knock it off.

"No offense, Gray, but that's not happening. You can just chill and find some other blonde to take home," Malia says being the protective friend she is.

"Why not, Lia?" He asks with a smirk.

"Because you're almost as bad as River," Mila answers for her little sister.

"You too?" Gray asks.

"Well then, it looks like that's the end of this conversation." River says looking satisfied.

"She's a grown-ass woman. She can make her own choices," Gray says to all three.

"You do realize I'm right here?" I ask them.

"We're not going to this club to talk to guys or go home with any. We're going to this club because Mila needs to have a damn good time so that's it. End of discussion." I say like it's plain and simple because it is.

I can make the choice of whether or not I want to take a risk with Gray later. Right now it's about Mila and making sure she has a good time on her vacation. I see out of the corner of my eye River rolls his eyes before scoffing and pulling Gray out of the door.

"He did not like that answer," Mila says thoughtfully.

"Whatever, if he's got a stick up his ass it's not our problem. Like Ivy said we aren't going to talk to guys. We're going so you have a night to look back on when you're drowning in work. I know she didn't mean it in that way but the word 'guys' includes River especially if he's gonna be scoffing all night." Malia says rolling her eyes at the end. She's probably fed up with his shitty mood. I've only lived with the guy for what? A week and I'm already starting to get sick of it.

"What if you sat on my lap instead? I don't want any of us holding back so somebody can be the designated driver when River's already going to be one," Mila says right before we get to her car. I shrug at the idea before looking over at Malia who's nodding. We walk over to River's car and can see Gray and River arguing behind it. They stop as soon as they see us walking over.

"Umm, we decided Ivy can sit on one of our laps. We don't want to have two designated drivers." Malia says eyeing River and Gray so they know she knows they were just arguing.

"I could also just not use a seatbelt and sit in the middle." I say while staring at the pair of "good friends" mid-argument.

"That's fine, get in." River says before turning his back to us and starting to make hushed threats towards Gray.

River

"Gray, I'm only gonna say this one more time. Leave Ivy alone. Her brother trusts me to keep her away from assholes and well... you're my friend so I know you're a very rare type of asshole." I say making sure not to raise my voice too high.