Chapter 27

River

"And you still won't tell me your name?" Ivy asks breathlessly. Shaking my head, she smiles at me before we're making out again.

We're now lying on the couch. I've got her underneath me and nothing has ever seemed righter. Until I remember why we're not already in my bedroom and naked.

Ivy tugs at my shirt, pulling it upward with a whimper. I've been making this all painfully slow to give myself an opportunity to come clean. I tear my shirt off and Ivy sighs before gasping as I kiss her harshly. I am beyond frustrated with myself.

Ivy's soft hands move from my hair to my neck before her nails lightly scratch all the way down my chest. Fuck me.

I tug Ivy's top off in one swift motion before burying my face in her chest without taking a peek. That was a bad idea, a very bad idea. How am I supposed to come to my senses while she's topless?

One of Ivy's hands goes back into my hair while the other goes over my back. The light scrape of her nails practically forcing me to lose all sense once again. I groan in frustration; without moving I begin to kiss the skin closest to my lips. I trail all the way up her chest, neck, and finally reach her lips again.

When her hips roll and I bite down on her lip to keep quiet, somehow, I come back to my senses. I quickly hop up, knowing this clarity won't last long. Looking down at her in her white lace bra, I know not sneaking a peak was a good idea.

"I need to tell you something." I quickly let the words fall out of my mouth without thinking of the consequences.

Ivy smirks at me in amusement. Her hair messy, her lips swollen, her chest rising and falling quicker than normal, and Jesus... I've already given her a hickey. She looks good enough to eat.

"Now?" She asks with a smile. I nod while squeezing my eyes shut in dread and to get the picture of her like this away for a least a second.

"Let me guess," she jokes. "You're a virgin," Ivy concludes.

"I have had a deal with Dean since you moved in that I would watch you and report your every move to him," I ramble with my eyes shut. It's quiet, too quiet. I open my eyes to see Ivy shaking her head in disappointment.

I was expecting anger, not disappointment. This is somehow worse.

Ivy

I knew something was up when Dean said he was friends with River. I knew it, but I chose to trust him instead. I just wish he would do the same for me. Though maybe it's better he didn't. Look at how my trusting behavior turned out.

Without a word, I grab my shirt from where River threw it to the ground and drape it over my shoulder. River lets me walk to my room without saying anything else.

Once the door is shut and I'm leaning against it everything seems to come crashing down. My dad's death, my brothers lying, River's betrayal. A few tears fall at the thought of it all.

"Ivy." I hear knuckles tap against my door.

I know that concerned voice.

I open the door I was leaning on before tugging Malia into my room. Slamming the door behind her I hug the shit out of her, crying a little while I do.

"River told me." Malia's voice is muffled by my hair. "About everything," she says while pulling back to look at me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.