Chapter 19

Ivy

"Oh god. You really know, don't you?" Malia says covering her face and I giggle at her embarrassment.

"How could you not tell me! I'm your best friend Mal!" I say smiling at her to let her know I'm not mad just shocked.

"I didn't want anyone to know because I didn't even know for the longest time. Besides if I don't talk about it then it's like it's not real."

"Well, I think you two would look very good together. He seems great. Why haven't you tried to make a move? You're Malia Martinez for god's sake. I'm sure he'd be thrilled." I say to her putting my hands up in the air as I say her name like she's a god.

"I'm not his type." She says standing up.

"How do you know that?" I ask looking at her like she's crazy.

"He's into pretty blondes. I've seen all the girls he pursues." She says leaning on her dresser and turning towards me. She is so uncomfortable talking about him, it's adorable.

"Malia, you're drop-dead gorgeous. Everyone who has eyes can see it and nobody has denied it." I say looking at her up and down.

"Gray is outgoing and makes it very obvious when he's into someone. He's never made that apparent to me so--" I stop her quickly.

"Do you really think Gray is confident enough to walk up to you, his best friend's cousin who everyone that's attracted to girls is after, and shoot his shot?" I ask making it obvious.

"It would be cool if we were both messing around with a pair of best friends." She says smirking at me.

"See, now you're thinking of the positives," I say smiling.

"But it's not going to happen, Ivy." She says looking me in the eye to get her point across. I'll smile and nod now, but it will be happening Mal. You can trust that.

After I acted like I was going to drop Malia's crush I left her room and went to bed. I don't think I've ever heard of Malia having a real crush. She thinks guys we see randomly on the street are hot and all, but she doesn't get emotionally involved if that makes sense. I guess with Gray though, she had no choice. He's probably around a lot with River so she started noticing things and developed a crush. Really it's River's fault and he can't be mad... although he will be.

.  .  .

As soon as I fully open my eyes I slowly smile to myself. Whenever I have a little evil plan it puts a spring in my step. I mean I've got a few things to do if I'm going to get Gray and Malia to realize there is something there at this party. 

Maybe I could ask River a few questions about Gray and if he ever mentions Malia. That's totally not suspicious, right? Ahh, so much work to do and it's only ten a.m. 

I hop into the shower and wash off the morning feeling. After I get out I get dressed in a comfy pair of yoga pants and a barely cropped top.

"Morning," I say as I walk into the kitchen where Malia sits sipping on her coffee.

"Morning. Do you want to go shopping? I need to buy something new for the party tonight." Malia says looking over at me.

"Sure, I just need to talk to River real quick." Yeah, I need to talk to River and pick at his brain so I can get you laid tonight.

"About what? He's at the gym and I thought you guys said no strings." She says sipping her coffee.

"It is no strings. I just want to ask him a few things about the party tonight, Mal. Don't go thinking I'm turning into one of River's fangirls who needs to speak to him every day." Most of that is true.