Chapter 28

River

It's divine intervention.

As soon as Sebastian, that spastic shit smeared donkey, and his shiny car sped away, I ran to my mine to chase after them. Sitting behind the steering wheel I paused, once again my conscious blinked like a faint light in the back of my head. Last time it shoved through mist of lust, this time through the red anger. Ivy doesn't deserve for me to follow after them and fuck up her night.

Pulling my phone out, I dialed Gray's number. When it went to voicemail, I called Remington. I need to go out somewhere with someone strong enough to stop me from doing anything stupid.

"What?" Remy answered, as pleasant as ever.

"I need company and a drink," I mumbled into the phone starting my car.

"Why?" he asked, his voice groggy.

"I'll tell you when I've got a drink in my hand."

"No, you'll tell me now. I'm busy and I won't ditch my current plans for something that's not worth my time."

I hear the faint sound of feminine giggling in the background and roll my eyes in response.

"Dude, just finish and get your ass to the bar."

A door shuts on the other end of the line and the giggling is cut off.

"This is going to take a while. I needed an ice bath and these two girls offered to rub--" Remy starts.

"Trust me," I cut him off. "You'll want to hear why I need the company."

Remington huffs and puffs on the other line before a door opens.

"We'll have to reschedule ladies."

A few unhappy moans ensue before I hear both women suck Remy's face off as a goodbye.

"This better be good," Remy hangs up, irritated from the blue balls.

Remy picked the bar. That's why it's not even a bar, it's a fancy restaurant with a bar. No TV in sight.

"Talk, Martinez," Remy barks the order at me the second a drink is placed before me.

I take a few swigs of the cold vodka before answering.

"I've gotten myself into quite the pickle," I purposefully prolong explaining said pickle and Remy glares at me. I shrug in defeat when I see a vein throb in Remy's forehead, the same vein that shows when he's in the ring. "Ivy, Malia's friend, I like her. Too much," I admit.

Remington stares at me for a few beats, in confusion or shock I can't tell. His head turns slightly like he's taking the information in right before he laughs so loudly we're getting stares from the suited and well dressed people around us.

"That's unfortunate," Remy finally manages between laughs; I nod in agreement.

"She's on a date," I add while rolling my glass between my hands. The cold bites into my skin, but it doesn't hurt.

"Is she?" he asks, clearly amused.

"You're here to keep me away from the date," I inform him with a tip of my drink before downing it. "Worth it?" I question.

"This is a once in a lifetime experience. A threesome," Remy shrugs like it's a casual thing. It is.

Getting the bartender's attention I order another glass of chilled vodka.

I hate vodka. The taste of hand sanitizer isn't something I enjoy at all. I'd prefer whiskey or even tequila, but tonight I'm downing vodka. I'm feeling masochistic. The way I stood physically frozen while Sebastian hit on Ivy proved that little fact.