Chapter One

10 hours. 10 hours and my hands were bound together. 10 hours I sat in darkness as time ticked away. The guards came into my cell and checked up on me every hour and before they left they would say "We'll be back in an hour". They've checked on me 10 times.

It's been 10 hours.

   Everything was still blury and my head was pounding. All I knew was that I was sitting in a cell by myself and I needed to find a way out. There was only one door. The cold metal of the bench I was sitting on caused my skin to stick. My jaw was clattering I was so cold.

   I leaned my head against the concrete walls and let out a deep breath. I couldn't believe it. After all this time. Thomas had finally kissed me. It wasn't a bad kiss, all that movie making magic taught him well, it just didn't feel right. Maybe if we were in this situation a year ago it would've been okay but now? Now everything between us felt so wrong and strained.

   I had hoped we could be friends. Now all this taught me was that I was stupid for even letting Thomas into my life into the first place. And now because of it I was forced to face the ultimate punishment.

I was about to lose everything.

     I was innocent but no one had even bothered giving me a second look. I kept thinking about what this meant for my family. The castes were slowly disolving to nothing with only 3 left. Had that meant the laws changed? What would happen to my father? Would they hurt him too? I wish I could just speak to him. I'd give anything to talk to him.

  And Will.

  What does he think of me?

   I had to find him, I had to talk to him! I had to explain that this was all some huge misunderstanding and that it could be fixed. That Thomas and I weren't in any shape or form together. Realizing this it took me a moment to take into account how serious this all was. I was locked in the royal dungeon with no way out. 

   However annoyed I may have been with Will earlier didn't matter now. I needed to get to him.

I needed to find a way to get to him.

   The door to my cage opened and immediately I looked up. A guard stood in the door way wearing an immculate outfit but strange as it was he was in all black. He flicked his head and two ohter guards came in. They unlocked the shackles at my ankles and my heart soared. Will must have cleared everything up! I couldn't wait to stick my tongue out at them.

   But instead of untying my wrists as well they yanked me up by my arms and I stumbled to my feet.

"Let me go!" I grunted and tried to wiggle out of their grasp.

"Let's go." the first one said.

   I was pulled out into a dark narrow hall and before I knew it the world went black.