Chapter Forty One

It was snow.

There was snow everywhere.

Snowflakes fell from the sky and landed on my eyelashes. There was snow beneath my feet and snow covered the large willow tree we were under. I look around trying to grasp it all and i hadn't realized I'd begun crying.

Will looked around as if to inspect his handy work. He smiled a little and then turned to face me. I was still in shock.

"Since you're always complaining about the weather her in Angeles." He chuckled.

I stopped still mesmerized my the snow falling and opened up my palm. "You did this......for me....."

He nodded like it was obvious. "Of course." He walked over to me and took my hands. "This, " he gestured to the snow around us. "Is your surprise."

"But I don't....i don't understand. The roses-"

He laughed. He lifted his hand and Will wiped a tear from my cheek. "I would've done that regardless."

"I don't....."

Will squeezed my hands and lifted my chin so that i was looking at him. "This is your surprise. I want to do something special for you, something that meant something, something," he took my hand and placed it on my chest. "From the heart" he chuckled. "Enjoy it before it melts."

I blinked a few times and looked at the snow. "It looks like home."

"It is home."

I looked at Will, really looked at him, for what felt like the first time in a long time. His dark hair, those lift eyes the color of a pear with specks of gold and blue. I suppose it was home, i felt it in my veins. I felt it in the blood pumping to my heart.

"I have a condition," i said but it came out like a whisper. "Every. Single. Christmas. Has to be just. Like. This one."

Will took in a deep breath and nodded. "Of course."

I looked at him more carefully.

"I'll cover the entire palace in snow of you want. The floors, the roof, even-"

Before he could continue his ridiculous and lengthy speech i closed the distance between us, wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him tenderly putting everything that was in my heart into a simple gesture.

My hair was short but Will was able to ruin his fingers through my hair, making it achingly slow, and beautiful. And i knew. I never thought it would happen this way but i just knew.

I loved him. I didn't want to say it though. Knowing was enough for me and the words would come out in their own time. I wanted to pull back and whisper into his was, Let's do it. Let's just get married right now because of we don't do it now I'll never have the guts to again.

So i did.

I ended our kiss probably sooner than i should have and i looked at him. "Will," i said almost frantically. "Will i have to hell you-"

"Your Highness!" Someone yelled. "YOUR HIGHNESS!"

The next voice was one i recognized and it was Godfrey. "William!"

He and another guard with dark skin and short hair came running over. I felt my chance slipping through my covetous fingertips.

"Godfrey this is important-!" Will began.

I grabbed his arm. "No" i told him. "It can wait. Really."

I sealed my lips and kept my confession to myself, saving it for another day.

"It's war! "The guard ranted. He mumbled a million other things then Godfrey threw his arm out shutting him up.

Oh yes.

Him and Ora?

Match made in heaven.

With his rich accent Godfrey spoke and it sounded like a death sentence. "Pack your bags. We're being shipped to New Asia to fight."

-

-

-

Oh shit

9 more chapters

Plot twist coming

WILL THERE BE HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Tbh I'm doing what Allie said and idk what will happen ugh

What did you think?

XOXO Lilly