Chapter Twenty Nine

Eadlyn

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE HEIR. IT MAY OR NOT CONTAIN SPOILERS DEPENDING ON HOW YOU VIEW THINGS. I'M REALLY SORRY AND I FEEL TERRIBLE FOR BEING SO CARELESS. I ASSURE YOU THIS IS ASK JUST MY IMAGINATION AND NONE OF THESE EVENTS HAPPEN FOR REAL.

No one is as powerful as you. You're Eadlyn Shreave. Most powerful woman in the world.

Eadlyn continued her montage in front of the mirror reminding herself of it constantly. The years had not done much good to Eadlyn's heart but at least she was not aging before her time. She caught a glimpse of her bed behind her and Amos was still asleep. It brought silly but tiny smile to her face.

He was always sleeping late.

She pulled a comb through her dark hair and started to ready herself for the day at the children's hospital. She had to admit she felt a strange tinge of pride. Lady Alessandra's idea was something that she herself would've come up with.

It strangely made her happy.

It wasn't that she hated the young girl per say. Eadlyn hated to be weak and right now her country was in trouble. As much as she loved her son, the reality was if he didn't marry a woman with strong ties New Asia could turn on Illea, their long time partners.

In fact, Eadlyn saw much of herself in the young girl. Eadlyn was far more outspoken as a child but when the families came to visit Eadlyn saw in Lady Alessandra's eyes the same love for her father that Eadlyn had for her beloved parents.

And she was intelligent, soft spoke but firm, and all in all the public adored her. The castes were gone now but the public loved the idea of a poor girl one day becoming queen. A rather inspiring young woman at that.

But Eadlyn couldn't get over Lady Cecilia. She was Italian and Irish, bonds that have weakened over the years with Illea that needed to be strengthened again. Especially since they were so incredibly close with New Asia. Perhaps a bond like that could make New Asia realize why they were such good partners with Illea in the first place instead of wanting to turn against them.

Eadlyn stood up and noticed the sun hadn't even begun to rise. Eadlyn was an earlier riser and preferred it that. Glancing once last time at her husband she turned around and left.

The palace was the same as it always had been. She started to think back to her selection and how funny it all was and how different her life would be had she not allowed her parents to convince her. The she remembered her parents.

And her mother's horrible health.

Most people thought her parents stood out of the public eye for privacy's sake but only she and her husband truly knew why. Ever since her mother's first heart attack 20 years ago she'd had three more and they were all like gunshots to her health.

Some days when her mother did show her face she looked impeccable because she knew how to hide it well. Other days she was pale as a ghost, sick in bed, with several health problems Eadlyn wished she could poof away.

All because of that one fateful day.

Personally, the true reason Lady Kara was eliminated was because Eadlyn hated her and her French roots. It only made it better when her son didn't have a particular liking for her either. Eadlyn admonished anything French and it was because of one day 20 years ago that changed her life forever.

It was three days after her mother's first ever heart attack. It was one month into young Eadlyn's selection and she was pacing back and forth in her bedroom, having already cried off her make up, and chewed her nails down.