002- Philippines Little Giant

PIA JIMENEZ POV

   Facing them at the other side of the court, only the net separated us. I just can't stop my smirk forming it's own.

We're done stretching. Well, mostly I did it. Ace's just put less effort. I know she's too lazy to put more effort, but I know too that it triggers her interest. She's not the kind of person that will just say okay.

Her favorite Filipino line is pasensya na. It's cute and cool hearing it from her. Compare to her previous self back in Italy. She's still the same, the difference is she's talking Filipino deeply and fluently.

It shocked me knowing she put too much effort learning Filipino Language. Well, we are a pure Pilipino. We are just raised into a different kind of family.

She on the other hand raised in Italy. Me on the other hand born and raised in North. I can talk only few Filipino words. I'm not that patriotic. I don't give too much attention to my race. We don't, in the family. Family business is the most important part of us.

"I'll do the set and you'll do the hit. The usual."

I said. She didn't reply but I know she heard it. We both know what we needed to do and what position we need to pose.

"Huwag tayong magmadali, pero sigurado. Hinay-hinay lang tayo. Kawawa naman sila."

I laughed heartily to what she said. Told you, she's still the same. Too straightforward but will surely pierced. Sharp tongue.

A whistle disturbed us.

"Ready both teams?"

One of the boys regular player. Acting as a referee. I just stared at him boredly.

'Obviously?'

The game started. They let us do the honor of the first serve. Belittling us. Its gonna be they're greatest regret today. They choose the worst enemy.

Smirking. I let the ball fly high and wait until it's finally at its peak. The moment I saw the chance, I started to quick steps and jump. The momentum meet. I let my palm hit the ball.

Before my feet finally touches the floor. I heard a different gasped. Mostly, shocked. I smoothly land without hassle. I'm ready to depend when I realized that everyone froze, well except Ace, she's chuckling.

The two captains stayed still. They never move but a shocked expression can easily read to their faces.

'Surprise people?'

"Labas siya. Hindi ka ba magtatawag referee?"

Ace's amused voice broke the silence. The referee blinked a few times. Still shocked.

They're adding a fuel to my heated ego. I love their reactions. I'm still adjusting. It's just a test. I'm not serious. I'm playing it. They should never wish for the worst part. It's too embarrassing for them.

The referee whistle again. Signaling and so on. The ball came back to me. They give another chance to me. A chance through their downfall. They thought it's just luck. I shaked my head and let an amused chuckled left my mouth.

"Yung tama lang sa kanila Pia. Sadyang nakakagulat nga naman ang ginawa mo, baka hindi na sila makalaban."

The girl's captain giggled angrily.

"Arrogant Bitches!!"

She explode and shouted it. Its looks like the whole Gymnasium vibrates with her annoying voice.