009 - House of Moncatar

MOSES MONCATAR POV

   "What's your plan, Charles? You know that she should have to face the process, it's a family legacy. It's the process before her vengeance."

"How bout you, Moss? Do you think she'll do the process first before her vengeance? Do you think we can stop her?"

He challenge me. I stop right after he said it. I already knew the answer.

"Then, we have an exception here?"

He didn't answer me, but the way I saw fire dancing of admiration and amusement in his eyes, says it all. This is gonna be a big talk around the family. A trouble before his son's, especially Bexon.

"You aren't backing down with your plan, right?"

"They know about it!"

"And?"

"They can't do anything."

I chuckled after a seconds.

"You're letting them to change the rhythm of our song, Charles. Are you really sure about this? Or let me rephrase it, are you really ready to passed your throne?"

He stand up and go straight to the window. Letting himself to think and travel through his thoughts. This is not just a drill. This is our reality and passing the throne to his chosen successor is not easy, but it's not gonna be the problem, if he already have on his mind.

I don't want to conclude nor name the thought that passing through my mind. I already have an idea, but I wanted him to think thoroughly.

This is not just an inheritance, this is our life. This is our honor. We're nothing, if not because of the family.

Thinking about his choice, that's gonna be his problem. How will you manage it Charles? Between your children and your position? This is the right time to proved everyone, who is really Charleston Moncatar.

---

CASSIOPEIA MONCATAR POV

Looking at her, there's no chance to turn back now. This is real, it's already decided. I'm afraid, the assassination of her grandfather triggered her. This is not a joke anymore. Seeing her, the fun side of her already gone.

I shifted my eyes and glanced at the two men inside of her room. A designated room for her all along. This is such a grand room. The only princess of the family, just cameback from where they lost it.

I saw how deep their thoughts dragged them. The way Pualsy stared at nowhere and the way Santia stared at her deeply with so much meaning.

I shaked my head. This is impossible and unexpected. I never thought that we could be in this situation. I never imagined that we will be in this situation. Me and Ace? I never.

"So, I'm just your responsibility, Cassiopeia Moncatar?"

I almost fell on my seat. I stare at her confused at first, then, afterwards I realized what she's saying.

I feel like I swallowed my tongue. I know my answer but the way she stare at me, I can't. I'm losing my senses. My knees became jelly.

"What now, Cassiopeia?"

I blink and swallow hard. Seconds passed before I bring back my senses.

"At first yes, I was also a child before we met, but I already faced the reality of what's on the family. I was trained before I knew how the outside world acted. It's my responsibility, even I wanted to choose another path, it's negative. My future is already planned and that is, became your guardian. I was mad at you, I was naive knowing, why is it me? Why should I need to protect and serve you? I was fool knowing I dislike you. I never like nor wanted to be your guardian, but when our path crossed, everything's changed."