23. Home

Harry Styles, 2021

Today is the day. Their day.

Today, the contract ends.

Today, they're finally freed.

Louis, Zayn, Niall, Liam and Harry spent their day doing the exhausting paper work and having mental breakdowns about what to do first. They can do everything now and they don't know what to try first, feeling like they're drowning in options.

Then they all planned a big celebration dinner in the dining room with the whole family, also including Joe, Ed, Gigi, Khai and even Adele.

"How do I look?" Harry asks, walking out of the bathroom where he did his hair in a dark blue, silk gucci suit.

Louis looks up from where he folds up the ends of his jeans and sighs dramatically spreading his arms and falling back against the mattress.

"Beautiful as fuck. I can't believe how much time I spent on my outfit and you're just shitting all over it, only with your face alone."

Harry smiles widely, dimples popping as Louis walks up to him.

"I got you something." Louis says quietly and reveals a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. "Got them for you because I kissed El and I felt so bad. They're the color of your eyes."

"Not really."

"Yes, they are."

"Lou."

"Haz?"

"Those are lilies." Harry states. "They are white."

"Uh, yes." Louis counters. "That's like seventy percent of your eyes. Duh."

Harry shakes his head fondly, heart exploding while he takes the flowers and leans down to kiss his boyfriend.

Right, about that.

"We wanted to talk." He reminds Louis and gets nervous.

"Now?"

Harry only shrugs. Why not now? They are free, can do whatever they want. It still feels surreal and it probably will for the next year.

Louis agrees.
"But let's get onto the balcony it's way too warm in here."

"So dramatic."

"Learned from the best." Louis calls over his shoulder and steps out of the glass door.

The "balcony" is more like a roof terrace with a great view all over the grounds.

The night is chilly but not too cold, a soft breeze lingering in the air while the crickets chirp in the distance.
The moon is peacefully surrounded by millions of stars on the almost black night sky.

"So, go on." Louis starts when Harry steps out onto the balcony. "Explain yourself for giving me a literal heart attack back there."

Harry plays with his own fingers, taking a deep breath before speaking up.

"Remember how we said we don't wanna get married?"

"Yes." Louis states, acting like his eyes are not flickering in concern.

Harry Styles, 2013

"I'm going to ask you a very important question now." Louis says and sets his glass down.

"And I'm listening." Harry answers excitedly.

They sit in the privatest of the private vip rooms in an expensive as shit restaurant Louis invited him into and Harry still doesn't know why.