25. New Angel

Niall Horan, 2021 

Niall wakes up with Harry laying on top of him.

Groaning, he pushes him off of his body, causing the still unconscious Harry to roll off the couch and fall onto the floor. Niall sucks a breath through his teeth in pity as Harry's head hits the carpet.

"Sorry mate." He responds to Harry's whine, standing up and pulling him to his feet by his arms.

"It's okay. I must've lost my balance in my sleep." He mumbles, holding his head with his free hand.

"Um." Niall starts. "Yeah, probably." 

"Let's make Louis tea and wake him up." Harry is already halfway out the living room they fell asleep in after Dunkirk and Niall vaguely remembers Louis and Taylor leaving to show Joe the castle with Olivia and Conan in a conga line.

He shakes his head at the way Louis is the first thing Harry thinks of as soon as he wakes up.

"What about a tea for you beloved best friend?"

"Who?"

"ME, you cunt."

"Oh right. You're old enough to make your own cuppa." Harry smiles and flicks Niall's nose.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Louis is two years older."

"But I'm like so much in love with Louis." Harry spreads his arms as wide as he can to show Niall just how much he loves him. As if Niall didn't know.

Niall laughs at him but gets serious when Harry moves into the kitchen and fills the kettle with water. "You know that I am really happy for you, right?"

Harry looks up from where he grabs three mugs out of the cupboard.
"Why?"

"Because you got him back after all. Because you're happy. I love seeing you happy."

"Nialler, that was like two years ago."

"Yeah, but we never really talked about it. And sorry to say this love but you were fucked up. Like really fucked up."

"Thanks." Harry smiles.

"Welcome. But you're so much better now, better than I've ever seen you before."

Harry rounds the kitchen island and hugs Niall so tightly he's almost crushing him.

"I know, it feels fantastic. And I feel like I've never really said thank you for, you know." Harry's voice is weak. "Bein' there."

"You needed me, I just fulfilled my tasks as the best friend in the world."

"Love you. Here's your tea."

Niall laughs and accepts the cup, following Harry through the hallways and up the stairs to his tower.

He leans against the doorframe like a white mother in movies who works too much and watches her kids sleep, one leg crossed over the other and holding the mug in both hands, wearing Taylor's cardigan.

He really feels like a mum, watching Harry tiptoe over the mess of clothes on the floor over to his bed, which is occupied by Louis.

Harry puts the other two cups down on the nightstand, leans down and gently strokes Louis' arm to wake him up.

"Fuck off." Louis grunts without opening his eyes and Niall smiles, taking a sip.

"It's me." Harry whispers.

"In that case." Louis starts, still not opening his eyes. "Don't fuck off. You're allowed to stay." He blindly reaches his arm out and grabs Harry's sweater, pulling him into the bed with him.