v. Alan Frog.

gif credit: ifoundsammygifs

— in which alan likes the reader, but she's dating his brother.

word count: 2,526

warnings: angst, swearing, mentions of making out, underage drinking, and that's all!

____________________________________

Alan Frog watched from afar, his chest ablaze. He spun a pen in between his fingers angrily, trying his best to hold on to whatever sanity still existed. He knew he shouldn't be this angry, especially because his brother was so happy. That's all Alan had ever wanted for Edgar.

But, why did she have be his happiness?

He knew it was wrong to like Edgar's girlfriend, but there was also so profound within it too. I mean, she had everything that Alan had ever desired. But unfortunately, Edgar had felt the exact same about Y/N. And for Alan, he had never had the strength to really tell her how he truly felt about her.

It was just too little too late for the boy.

Nowadays, he was forced to deal with the small flirting, the cheek kisses, and even sometimes, he would come home from the shop, expecting to just come home and relax, but instead find Y/N in Edgar's lap, passionately making out.

It had happened one too many times, and each time, it was the same:

"Are you two serious?"

They would look at Alan in shock, Y/N's face burning red, and she would awkwardly climb off of Edgar. Edgar would throw his arm around her shoulder out of comfort, and then say,

"What? It's my room, too."

Alan would just simply roll his eyes,

"Whatever... how about taking it to the car next time, huh?"

It almost felt like Edgar was rubbing it in Alan's face, but every time that thought slipped into Alan's mind, he would realize that Edgar didn't even know about his feelings for Y/N. But, it probably wouldn't have mattered, anyway. Yes, Edgar was his brother, and he had always been loyal to Alan, but if Edgar wanted something, he always managed to get it.

There was many things that Alan refused to tell Edgar, especially when it came to Y/N. Such as something that had happened between the two, a little bit before her and Edgar got together. And in some ways, it gave the Frog brother hope that maybe she thought about him the way he thought about her.