vii. Alan Frog.

gif credit: losthavenmine on tumblr

— in which alan takes interest in the popular girl, and even saves her life.

word count: 2,512

warnings: swearing, vampires!

___________________________________

Alan Frog had always stuck to what he knew best. Comic books, Vampire hunting, the couple of friends he actually had, (even if one of them happen to be his brother.) He never stepped the boundaries of what he knew. And it wasn't because he was scared to, he honestly just didn't care to.

Until, him, Sam, and Edgar all returned for school after the defeat of David. He would never forget the moment he saw her. She was walking around in the school's cheerleading uniform, football player in his letterman jacket, picking her up from the back and swinging her around.

She let out a giggle as the boy did so, and she smacked him on the arm,

"Stop! I swear to god—put me down, Taylor!"

Alan stared at the interaction, some type of feeling developing in his chest. Edgar then made some comment about how all of the popular kids and jocks are bottom ranked in society, which Sam laughed at, and Alan barely paid attention to. He was too busy watching the girl as she went through her locker, trying to push the infamous Taylor away from her.

Alan knew who she was. I mean... who didn't? She was Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N. Attractive, popular, smart, witty, courteous, a cheerleader, all the things that Alan was indeed not.

They went to school together all of their life, and from what Alan remembered, she had always been popular. There were rumors that her family was one of the wealthiest in Santa Carla, which he never doubted, as she always came to school with brand new clothes. She had a nice car, and again, rumor has it... a very nice house.

From what Alan had experienced though, is that she wasn't like the other popular kids. As stupid as it sounded, all the interactions he had with her in the past were nothing but... kind-hearted? Like one time in middle school, they had Science together, and he didn't have a pencil. She seemed to notice before he could even say anything about it, and she tapped his shoulder and gave him one. Or like this other time, she offered to buy him movie tickets when they ran to each other at the drive-in once.

He really had no reason to dislike her, it was really her friends that he and his brother despised. They had always been cruel to the Frog brothers, and now by extension, Sam as well. Edgar would always curse their names, talk shit, but none of them could really do anything about it. They were the psycho Frogs. And, everyone knew it.