ii. THE FIRST TIME YOU HANG OUT.

gif credit: (unknown) lmk if you guys are aware of the original creator!

— preference on the first time the reader and edgar & alan hang out.

___________________________________

EDGAR:
It had been a week since you had met the boy with the bandana tied around his head. And honestly, you would be lying if you said you hadn't been curious about him. You didn't get his name, which in some ways, you were a little upset about.

You had decided to stop being such a baby about the whole situation, and pack up the courage to go and seek out the boy. You would most likely end up doing that in a discreet way... but hey, whatever works just works.

You were walking on the boardwalk, preparing yourself to walk into the comic book store. You kept procrastinating by people watching, as it was easy to get lost in the day to day lives of the people who took up the population of Santa Carla.

When you finally got to the familiar graffiti wall, you sighed as you saw your name. You looked into the store, not spotting the nameless boy as you thought you would. But, you then realized something.

You smirked as you dug into your purse, and grabbed out your sharpie once more. You instantly began to add to your name on the wall, drawing lines and designs. Subconsciously, you were hoping that you would hear his gruffly voice telling you to stop. But, as you continued to get lost in focus of attempting to perfect your designs,

"Hey!"

You swiftly turned around, and your eyes widened when you saw a police officer, casually strolling towards you.

"Shit..." you whispered to yourself, quickly putting the cap back onto the sharpie. You considered running, but you then realized that there was no point. As that would probably just get you into more trouble.

The police officer approached you, tall and brooding, "Little miss... you understand that what you're doing is against the law, right?"

You stood awkwardly, staring at him with a lump in your throat,

You chuckled awkwardly as you looked at the wall,

"Well... if it makes it any better, sir... it's probably much easier to wash off than the rest of the stuff on there."

You tried to play it safe, playing it off casually, but the officer kept a stern look on his face. He did not look amused at your lightheartedness.