v. THEY ASK YOU TO BE THEIR GIRLFRIEND.

gif credit: losthavenmine on tumblr

— preferences on how edgar & alan ask the reader to be their girlfriend.

___________________________________

EDGAR:
You and Edgar had been seeing each other for a little over a month now. It would be simple to say that it had surprisingly been the best month and a half of your life, but that wouldn't even come close to describing it.

Contrary to popular belief, Edgar Frog was actually a huge softie on the inside. Well... for you at least. He had told you he genuinely disliked everyone else in the world but you and Alan, and maybe Sam. Of course you knew how much he cared for the Emerson boy, though. So you simply laughed at his statement.

But, Edgar did things for you that he honestly didn't seem to do for anyone else. He would play rigged carnival games just to win some stupid stuffed animal for you. He would share his fries with you when you two went to go and get lunch for everyone. He would randomly tie his headband around your head. And, he even drew your two's initials into the same graffiti wall outside of the comic book store where you two first met.

When you first saw it, it made your whole body go warm. The smile on your face was goofy, as you remembered his threatening tone when he was telling you to stop drawing on the wall those few months ago. Of course, he ended up telling you how discreet he was being while he did it, as he genuinely feared getting trouble.

But, with all the fun of teen romance... also came the confusion. He hadn't asked you to be his girlfriend yet. And you weren't too keen on asking him, as you knew how Edgar was when it came to emotions, so you didn't even really know if he wanted a real relationship.

You weren't mad at him, but the more and more you thought about it, the more insecure and upset you became. It was really nagging at you for some reason, and according to your Mom, it was simply because you just really liked him. Which was obviously true, but it killed you on the inside to think that Edgar wasn't into you as much as you were into him.

Every time he seemed to call nowadays, you couldn't find the strength to talk to him without that little voice in the back of your head screaming at you about how he didn't really like you. So, you would simply cut the conversation short. And every time he asked you to hang out, you would give him some lame excuse.

You were petrified that you were setting yourself up for heartbreak.

So, here you were now, standing in front of the graffiti wall with your friend, staring at the drawn initials;