Chapter 2 - First Sight

Yoongi POV

I don't normally come in through the main entrance but I had to grab a new pass from the front desk. I try to keep my eyes down so nobody can recognise me when I come through the front but I catch a glimpse of someone wearing Jordan's, I didn't expect to see anyone since it was still early but when I trailed my eyes up the slender toned legs I was met with this short brunette in a beanie who walked past me as I went toward the elevators. She was being escorted by security so I tried not to pay attention to her in case she was a crazy fan who managed to somehow get into the building. It's hard to notice people individually when so many people only like you for what you are portrayed to be, instead of who you actually are. But there was something about her. The way she carried herself didn't have the same energy that I'm normally presented with when I meet the general public.

I continued to my studio to start working on some more tracks for the group and tried to put it out of my mind. Hours passed, and someone came to get me for dance practice. So far, all I managed to think about was the beanie girl with Jordan's and realised today wasn't going to be nearly as productive as I needed it to be.

Kira POV

Outside the Hybe building, I stood trying to gather my thoughts. There was a group of people eyeing me up obviously wondering what I was doing coming out of the building with an escort.I was dying to read this contract but since there were so many pages and people around, I didn't want to lose anything in the pack or accidentally break the NDA as soon as I had signed it. I decided to head home to read it, I didn't live far away, and I wasn't working until later today, so I rushed home and began reading the contract before my door had even closed.

I had picked up how to read Hangul, so I was at least familiar with what was written in front of me. Understanding what it said was another story. I flipped through page after page looking for an english version at the end. Thankfully, there was one. Clearly, they didn't expect me to know Korean, which I was relieved about.

It read: CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: KSJ Girlfriend

 - The employee will attend any event requested by the company.

 - They will go on at least 1 public date a month.

 - They will maintain their public image to the highest standard.

 - The employee will be paid monthly -  $50,000, plus any expenses claimed for days out, etc. within reason. This will be approved by the mediator.

 - Trial of 1 month to begin, with the potential to continue up to 12 months only.

As soon as I saw the amount it was paying, my immediate reaction was, "Hell yes!". It went on like that for a few pages, saying what was required of the role. I started to feel uncertain about taking the job. There was a nice little summary in case I couldn't understand a lot of the jargon that they used but it basically said I would be signing up to be this person's girlfriend and be paid for it. I'm pretty sure that is illegal...It doesn't mention having to do anything explicit however so I phone my agent and set up a meeting to discuss what it might mean since I have a time limit on the offer.

"Andy, it's Kira. I went to that meeting and it was quite weird, I had to sign an NDA as soon as I stepped foot into the room, but I'm allowed to discuss with you for my schedule. Are you free to meet up today? They gave me a time limit of 24 hours so I need to make a decision soon."

"Of course, come in within the hour and we can review what happened."

I made my way to her office and when I enter, she looks me over as if wondering why I sounded so skittish. I don't say anything and just hand her the documents. It feels like an eternity by the time she is finished reading the whole thing and then looks up at me.

"They can't be serious?" she responds flabbergasted, "I thought they were just looking for some backups in a music video but didn't want word to get out that they were filming anything right now.". She goes on to explain, "BTS are one of, if not THE, biggest groups right now. It looks like they are trying to pull a PR stunt by having you date one of the members so that it will create a buzz abroad and allow them to be even bigger than they already are." She waits for my response to let it sink in a little.

"Okay, well, that isn't too bad, is it?" I ask naively.

"Pretty much everyone is either going to hate you or want to be you, so I would say it's a huge opportunity but it can also be a lot of pressure for you to take on so suddenly. They at least had time to get accustomed to the lifestyle, by the growth of their popularity gradually getting bigger. They didn't just book stadiums immediately. They had to work hard for their fan base, so you might not be received well. Just keep that in mind." she warns me like a concerned parent. We had only been working together a short while, and I had only booked a small job here and there, barely enough to buy a few meals for myself.

"I understand, but it's $50k! I would be stupid not to take it, no matter what it entails, within reason? I looked it over and there isn't anything seedy or untoward, so I think it's worth taking the risk." I say it as a question, but I'm not sure if I'm trying to convince her or myself.

"I will support you in whatever you decide. The contract looks fine and I don't have any concerns with what they have laid out so far. If you feel that wa,  then I will go back to them and let them know that you accept their offer." she states, back to the agent instead of concerned friend.

"Who is the mediator they mention?" I ask.

"It will just be a go-between, so you have someone to report to in matters that the managers don't want to have to deal with. I will let you know what they come back and say." dismissing me as quickly as the Hybe employees, then picks up the phone.

I head in to work for my shift in the convenience store, the entire time thinking about what things were going to be like. When I got home, I had an email from my agent.

Hi Kira, I've been in touch with the people over at Hybe and they want you to come in tomorrow to sign some documents, it will be a good chance to meet the members and some of the team and get acquainted with your new "boyfriend". In the same place as the interview, go in and ask for Chan. I think he will be your mediator. His number is on the back of the paperwork you were given, so make sure you save this for future reference. Speak soon! Let me know how it goes.