Chapter 4 - Trial Period

Kira POV

The genius lab was his. The guy who was sleeping on the bench, Yoongi. Just great. The one person I thought I was going to get on with and I just spilt water all over him, insulted him, and then he acted like I was a pimple he wanted rid of. So far, it's not going well. But it's $50k, so I will stick it out! I put the schedule in my bag so that I didn't bump into anyone else and headed home. I texted Chan to let him know I would be working when one of the schedules was planned for, and his response was less than ideal.

You better figure it out. You need to work around us, not the other way around.

I could quit given how much I would be making at Hybe, but I needed to be realistic, and I wouldn't get paid until after the trial period ended, so I still needed an income. I also needed a job if they didn't keep me on, so for now, I was going to have to just try and juggle things around. I typed in a response and went to reorganise my shifts with some other staff who could cover me.

I'm due to be working 6am until 6pm and then go have dinner at the Hybe building with Jin so they can work on some content for us. They agreed that we wouldn't be going public until after the trial period so the first few weeks would be just getting to know what was expected, take some Korean lessons and hang out at the building so that they could keep an eye on me it seems.

I am shattered by the time I get to the cafeteria and see all of the members together at one of the tables, the rest of the place has been cleared out so everyone must be finished for the day or has vacated so that they can eat alone.The first one to notice me is Yoongi but he doesn't say anything. I take a deep breath and head on over with a smile.

"Hi guys!" I try to be chipper, but even I'm not convinced.

"KIRA!" They all shout in unison.

"We were just trying to decide what to have to eat. Do you have a preference? The chef will make anything we want if it's not out to eat." Namjoon asks.

"I will just have what you guys have." I didn't have the heart to say that I didn't know what to ask for. I really hope I like it, but even if I don't – it's free.

I sit down next to jin on the end with Yoongi opposite me.

"Kira, how are you?" Jin asks politely.

"I'm good, thanks, you?" I return the pleasantries, and then we fall back into silence. The rest of the guys start chatting amongst themselves while we wait for the food. I still feel bad about my run-in with Yoongi yesterday, but I get the feeling he doesn't want me to speak to him, so I keep quiet.

I can't help but be drawn to Yoongi in this setting. Everyone else is boisterous and lively, and he has this air of silence around him. We both just sit and watch while everyone else gets involved.

After I finished eating, I had just rested my head on my hand when I'm startled awake, not realising I had been falling asleep. I open my eyes and see Yoongi staring at me.

"Sorry, I've just been working all day. It's not you guys, I swear." I try to explain, having our own conversation in the group, but he just looks away and continues eating his food.

Once everyone has finished up, we head to the dance practice room where we originally all met.

I was to review some date ideas with Jin, so we went through and selected which we would like to do when we started up this charade.

I sat in the corner while the guys finished up what they were working on. I must have fallen asleep again, because when I woke up, they weren't in the room with me. Feeling a little disoriented, I grabbed my bag and went to the hall so that I could head home. I went to open the door, I thought was the exit, but it was locked. I tried again, and it wouldn't budge. Just as I went to let go, the door opened outward and nearly hit me as I fell to the floor.