Chapter 10 - Apartment

Kira POV

I spent the next week or 2 viewing different places that I could stay in instead of my current squat hole. In between viewings, I spent most of my time at the Hybe building trying to practice my Korean and see Yoongi when he was free. His schedule had been busier than I had seen it, so I was trying to focus on myself and not sit about waiting for him like a needy little puppy.

I still missed him, though, so I would drop him a flirty text whenever I did so that he knew I was thinking about him. Sometimes, it would be him to start it.

KD: Good morning. Did you sleep well?

Seesaw: Good morning. I slept fine. It would be better with you beside me, though.

KD: Yeah? Why would it be better specifically?

Seesaw: For starters, I would be able to kiss you. We also wouldn't have to stop what we started in the lab the other week. If I had known I wouldn't be able to see you for longer than 10 minutes, then I maybe wouldn't have stopped.

Oh. My fingers hover over my keyboard as I think about what to say. Do I want to encourage him or wait until we are in person. Surely a little temptation is good fuel, not that we need it.

KD: What would you have done next if you hadn't stopped?

Seesaw: I'll show you next time. Wear that dress again when we have some time together, and we can pick up where we left off.x

KD: I look forward to it. x

I lay in bed, thinking about all the things that he might plan on doing with me and slowly lower my hand into my pants. Even the thought of being with him was enough for me to get off, so I could only imagine how intense the real thing would be.

Once I had taken care of myself, I got up and ready for my final day of viewings. The last few I looked at weren't that much better than the one I was currently in. I decided to view a few in the budget bracket above what I was looking at. I know I can afford it now, but I wanted somewhere reasonable in case I had to go back to a regular wage and not the ridiculous one I was currently on. The agent who was showing me around the properties didn't know much English other than a few keywords to explain to me what the property benefits were.

The first property was nice but a bit too suave for my personality. Everything was white and glass, which was just asking for mess and clumsy drops.

The second place I fell in love with.

It was spacious and had such a bright energy to the place. I could already see myself in this space, reading on the sofa and working at the desk. The steps up to the bed already had me envisioning Yoongi carrying me, that I had to quickly push out of my mind before I got any more flushed in front of the estate agent.

We tried to discuss details, and eventually, I had signed my lease and could move in next week.

KD: Hey! Are you busy? I just signed a lease for my new apartment and need someone to share my excitement with me.

I look at my phone for a couple of minutes before realising he must be busy and putting my phone away.

I swung by a shop on my way home to ask for some cardboard boxes, which was fun. To anyone watching, it must have looked like we were playing a game of pictionary.

I get home and start packing away some of my things. It's getting late, but I skipped dinner, so I made some ramyun and checked my phone again. There's no response from Yoongi, but it says read. I wonder why he would read it and not respond with even a congrats.

I go back to eating my noodles, and then my doorbell rings. I get a fright and immediately assume it's a murderer. I slowly approach the door and just see someone in a black hat and mask. My first thought is to pretend I'm not here. If they think I'm not here, then they could break in and just take some stuff and leave.

I jump when my phone vibrates in my hand.

Seesaw: Are you going to let me in, or are we waiting to see if anyone will recognise me?

I stare at my phone and then rush to open the door once I connect the dots and realise what he means.

"You're here? But, how?..."

"Can I come in?" he asks, clearly amused by my confused face as to why he is here on my doorstep.

"Of course, come in." I step aside to let him into my apartment.

I immediately regret packing things away with how much of a mess I have made.

"Sorry for the mess, I didn't want to stay here any longer than I needed to, so I wanted to pack up all my stuff so I'm ready to go when I need to be. " I start to pace and move things around out of the way.

"Don't apologise, your place is nice. Did I catch you at a bad time?" he says, spotting the ramyun and boxes. "How come you want to move? Congratulations on your new home, by the way."

"It's just a bit small and depressing. I tried to stay in the same price budget but they all weren't much better than this. Figured I might as well upgrade while I have some money to my name. And no, this isn't a bad time at all. Thanks for coming to see me. I appreciate the effort. It can't be easy for you to sneak out unnoticed." I feel nervous all of a sudden, and he must pick up on it.

"Can I get you a drink or something?" I ask, trying to be a good host.

"Just some water is fine, you sharing your noodles?" he asks as he picks it up and takes a bite anyway.

"Sure, I have plenty." I say.

He puts the food down and heads toward me. My heart picks up, and I immediately feel my heart in my throat. How does he have this effect on me so much.

"I can't stay long, but I just wanted to see you. I feel like I haven't in a while, and I miss you." The disappointment was about to take over as my heart dropped, but I reminded myself that I had to appreciate the time I did have with him.

"Then we better not waste any of it..." I look at his lips and then back to his eyes, seeing the similar hunger there that I had.

We spent the rest of the time we had kissing like teenagers and trying to catch each other up over the last week or so on what we had been up to and then he left to go home for some sleep before his schedule in the morning. He mentioned that he had something to finish so he was going to the lab before they done their group activity they had scheduled so I was already planning my surprise visit to him to pay him back for his romantic gesture.

Maybe this apartment wasn't so bad if you made good memories in it.