Parents

You were walking on your way to your house to celebrate Christmas, hand in hand with your girlfriend, when she suddenly stopped walking.

"Sae-Byeok?" you asked, concerned.

"You won't change your mind your mind even if your parents don't approve of us, right?" she asked, looking at your entwined hands. You gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

"Of course not. Besides, my sister already knows about us and, she loves you." you said, trying to reassure her. "But if you want, we can do this some other day."

"I want to, it's just that... I'm scared." she confessed, shaking her head as a no.

"It's natural to feel scared, and I'll be with you, no matter what." you walked closer to her and cupped her jaw, pulling her in for a gentle kiss.

She sighed and nodded. Still holding your hand, you two continued on walking.

Arriving at the door to your house, you smiled at her.

"It'll be fine and, if it isn't, I could just elope with you." you jested, making her smile. You opened the door and were greeted by your sister.

"Now, there's my favorite sister." Ji-Yeong said, hugging you both. You rolled your eyes and retorted. "I'm your only sister."

"I was talking about Sae-Byeok." she quipped, sticking her tongue out to you.

"They're at the kitchen, by the way." she notified you two, pointing at where your father is.

"If you need me, I'm in my room. I highly doubt you'd need to but, the offer stands." Ji-Yeong whispered and, you nodded. Still holding Sae-Byeok's hand, you both started walking.

Your father, Gi-hun, was talking with your uncle, Sang-woo while, Ali was listening. Ali was the first to notice your presence and waved.

"Finally!" your dad exclaimed, noticing you and Sae-Byeok, and proceeds to hug you both.

"Dad, I have to tell you something." you stated, making him looked at you worriedly.

"You're not gambling, are you? Oh no, it's really in our blood. I should have-" Gi-hun was cut off when Sang-woo slapped the back of his head.

"Stop, you're rambling. Let your daughter finish." Sang-woo complained while Gi-hun grumbled that he didn't have to slap him.

"Anyway, Sae-Byeok decided to join us. My girlfriend." you declared, waiting for their reaction.

Ali hugging Sae-Byeok and welcoming her to the family was expected.

What you weren't anticipating was for your father to laugh and hand out his hand to your uncle. Sang-woo looked annoyed, taking out his wallet and giving your father money.

"Don't look at me like that, it was kind of obvious." He explained, noticing the incredulous look you were giving them. He walked up to Sae-Byeok and patted her back.

"Please take care of my chaotic daughter that has quite the temper." your father said, earning a 'hey!' and a slap from you. He gave her a look that said, 'See what I mean.'

Sae-Byeok chuckled at your antics and replied. "I'll try, but your daughter really has a knack for getting in trouble."

"I do not! I just really suck at staying safe." you rebutted.

After that, your father and Sae-Byeok bonded. They continued talking on their own, with you watching them with a smile.

"I told you so." a voice beside you said.

"You didn't have to worry about dad finding out. I'm proud of you guys, having the courage to do it." Ji-Yeong said, smiling at you.

"Now I have to go to a certain Uncle who owes me 3, 000 won." she winked, walking up to Ali and Sang-woo whose talking the corner.

You saw a grumbling Sang-woo opening his wallet again, and giving Ji-Yeong money while Ali just laughed.

'Now, this is the best Christmas gift ever.'