Asking Her Out

'Someone save me from this torture.' you thought, trying to listen to Cho sun-saeng-nim discuss the history of the Game Massacre in 1990 for the nth time.

Apparently, hundreds of people went missing and kidnapped to participate in a set of children's games and were killed. A police officer reported the incident.

Unfortunately, when the authorities arrived, there was only one survivor, the officer was dead, and the suspects escaped, yadda yadda yadda.

Already bored, you decided to look around the room. There were some students on the verge of sleeping and, some were diligently taking notes. Others were smiling dreamily at your teacher.

You rolled your eyes. 'Figures.'

You felt someone's eyes on you, so you turned and faced at Sae-Byeok, predicting it was her.

You were right. Sae-Byeok is staring at you intensely, making you feel weird things in your stomach. You raised your eyebrow and gestured at her to listen to your teacher but, she only smirked in reply.

'God damn it, Why does your crush have to be so hot?!'

"Will you please stop eye-fucking each other. You're literally five feet apart!" you can hear Mi-nyeo complain beside you, making you break your eye contact with Sae-Byeok.

"We were doing no such thing!" you objected.

"Yeah, right. Because undressing someone with your eyes is nothing." Mi-nyeo scoffed while making finger quotes. Rolling your eyes, you hit her on the shoulder.

"Maybe I'll keep on doing it just to spite you." you muttered in annoyance.

"Oh, well. Good luck paying for my therapy." Mi-nyeo replied dryly.

You two were both sitting at some bench near the court, eating while watching the tennis players.

"Deok-su is saying that I spread the rumors about his tiny dick. Like, it's not really a rumor if it's true." Mi-nyeo was trying to tell you but, she noticed that your eyes were focused on something else or, to be specific, someone.

Rolling her eyes, she continued. "Anyway, I broke up with Deok-su's shitty ass. I'm planning on stop smoking and, I'm thinking about making Principal Il-nam my sugar daddy."

"If you're trying to check if I'm listening to you talk. The answers are, thank fucking god, good for you, and that's gross as hell. In that particular order." you replied, finally looking at her.

"So you were listening and, here I was thinking I was the only one talking." she retorted.

"Maybe it was because I couldn't get a word in." you quipped.

"And not totally because you were busy being head over heels to Ms. Kang over there?" she said teasingly, looking over at the tennis players.

"I'm planning on asking her out, later." you said, voice full of conviction.

"Finally!- wait what? Hey!" she stared at you, bewildered. She didn't get to say anything else because you ran straight to Seong sun-saeng-nim's class when the bell rang.

At the end of the class, Seong sun-saeng-nim asked you to stay. He handed you a bunch of papers that he needed you to give Kang Sae-Byeok.

You were reminded of your earlier declaration and absentmindedly took them. You weren't even looking at what was written in it.

You were regretting it now. How could you decide something on a whim? There you are, five meters away from the one you like and her friends. You were going to walk back out when a hand tapped your shoulders.