𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Of all the things you were expecting to hear, this was definitely not one of them. This couldn't be happening. Why you? Why did it have to be you? You were at long last beginning to feel like Cyber City was your home, but now you weren't so certain you could have a sense of security any longer. All it took was a simple phone call to flip things upside down. Why? Why was this happening?

You already knew the answer. You were his most valuable asset. His precious puppet, the one to execute his plan.

It really didn't help that the SOUL didn't inform you of his plans.

* [Y/N]...

* why d0es he want you?

* i d0n't uNdErSt4nd...

* at f1rst i thought he wanted to punish me for deny1ng him...

You let him go from your embrace, tears were now flowing freely from your eyes as well, but you pushed through them and attempted to explain.

"I-I want you to know that...what I will say sounds crazy but...I promise you it's the truth."

" I was recently informed about my existence..."

At that, you had his full attention. You explained to him everything, how you were practically a machine hosting a SOUL, how you ended up in the Dark World and how it all connected with that man. The lump in your throat was almost gone by the time you finished. It felt rather...nice, you were able to share your feelings with another being.

Spamton was silent for a long time after hearing all this. You were starting to worry, did he no longer think the same of you? Did he still consider you a friend? What if he was scared of you now? Endless questions spinned around your mind. He finally broke his silence.

* i und3rstand.

* but...what does hE want fr0m you?

You sighed. That was the only thing the little heart didn't want you to know just yet. The circumstances had changed though, and it was time for you to learn. You felt the SOUL's warmth emitting from your chest. It vibrated between your ribcage. It wanted to say something.

It took control of your body, only for a short period of time, it didn't like to do that, you knew it. It was only because you didn't know yet what your body was capable of doing. You felt the middle of your chest split open with a mechanical noise and sure enough, there stood the little red heart, crimson threads of light extended from it center and connected to your body. Its red light was brighter than ever. Spamton was looking at it amazed, you guessed it's the first time he's seen one in the flesh. He was looking at your body as well, it was the first time seeing a robot so different from the Darkners of his world. None of them looked so perfect. You truly were a machine capable of miracles. An angel sent from heaven.

A soft but strict voice was heard, it was the one you heard the night before. The SOUL's voice.

* Eyes up here, please!

Spamton was flustered at the fact he was caught staring. His eyes focused on the little heart instead.

* Allow me to explain, Spamton.

* I'm sure you are aware of the existence of Dark Fountains and their role in your world.

Spamton only nodded in response.

* While I stayed at the lab, I was able to see a good amount of his notes. They all mentioned the same thing. Dark Fountains, the means of creating one and the outcome of such creations.

* He needed the power of DETERMINATION, the power Lightners use to open fountains.

*...hE's a ligHtNer tOo...wHy d0es hE need [Y/N]?