𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

~art by sea-beam on tumblr~

Sorry for not updating, university is kicking my ass but IT'S FINALLY HERE AND THIS TIME IT'S FAMILY FRIENDLY. ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------------------------

The feeling of waking up in your lover's arms, was a comfort that few have the luxury of enjoying. Being among those who have experienced love made you feel lucky. Your eyes fluttered open only to be met with Spamton's long nose pressed against your own, as he slept peacefully with you in his embrace.

You felt your heart race as his words from last night echoed in your mind.

"I meant every word I say"

"I love you."

These were the words that changed everything. He loved you. Your feelings for him were mutual. It was all so sweet, you could barely contain your enthusiasm. All you wanted to do was grab his lovely face and smother it in kisses. You tried not to wake him up; it wouldn't be nice to disturb his sleep.

You let a sigh escape your lips. You were happy, genuinely happy. It must have been...more than a week now since you met each other, and he had already managed to steal your heart. You felt like you were under a spell. Unbeknownst to you, Spamton felt exactly the same. You were everything he ever wanted and more.

You were so lost to daydreaming than only then did your eyes focus on the glowing red light on top of your shelf. A dim light, matching the one your heart emitted from your chest, was covering the first gift Spamton ever gave you.

The broken sword.

You had to admit, from a point of view other than yours, it was literal garbage. Spamton lived off of them, trying to sell them to any poor soul dumb enough to buy them. For you, it had gained meaning, it was his.

Oh, god. Why couldn't you fall in love with a normal person like, I don't know... maybe Swatch!? Why did it have to be the trash man? People would think you're out of your mind!

But, why does their opinion matter? All that mattered was this moment. This feeling. The sound of his heart beating against your own. His warmth surrounding your body. How it feels when you both fit together. His lips on yours.

He stirred lightly in his sleep, but his grip around your body only got stronger, almost as if he was afraid you'd leave. Thankfully, this was your day off. You wouldn't leave his side. Not today, not ever. You buried your face in his chest and hugged his torso, getting comfortable in his arms. the movement woke him up, but only slightly. When he was sure you were right there, he allowed himself to go back to sleep, murmuring a soft 'i love you' and planting a kiss on your head.

If you listened closely, you could almost hear him purr with happiness like a cat. Cuddling together like that....it filled you with DETERMINATION. You felt like you could kick any strange doctor's ass. They're not wrong when they say that LOVE makes you feel powerful. You let your eyelids close again, peacefully drifting off into a deep slumber, with the light on the sword dimming once more.

The next time you awoke, a mechanical voice was whispering your name softly. You felt a presence looming over you, as you slowly opened your eyes. Spamton sat beside you and gently kissed your forehead.

* Mornin'.

A smile found its way to your lips as you brought his face close to you and gave him a peck on the lips. You were now both smiling like dorks. Dorks in love.

"Good morning, Spammy!"

His nickname was the one thing he'd never get used to, it always earned you the same reaction from him. A blushing giggling mess. It seemed like the normal Spamton was back, instead of that brave flirty guy you had dinner with last night.