𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

~art by avielsusej @ tumblr~

All eyes were on Yellow, if they weren't already. Those words coming out of their mouth...did they mean that? Was it their anger and hurt speaking, or did they truly mean everything they said? Blue's composed composure appeared to be on the verge of collapsing. Orange and Pink stared at then with wide eyes, unable to process what they were hearing. And then there was Spamton...

Spamton was hurt. You had never seen him look so miserable before.

You really wanted to be angry at Yellow and what they were saying...and you were. However, you couldn't help but see where they were coming from. It didn't justify their actions, but if Gaster had shaken them so badly that they opted to forsake their own brother, you shuddered at the thought of what that man was capable of.

Orange's voice boomed out of nowhere, as they got up from the couch and addressed Yellow.

* What the FUCK are you talking about?

* You had us thinking all of this was just because Spamton would be 'bad for business'.

* What is this about shadows and darkness?

Yellow finally snuffed out their remaining cigarette in the ashtray and got up as well.

* You remember, Orange. You were there, you saw how he froze after his little episode.

* What was I supposed to do? Take him in?

* Take in that goddamn evil that he carried? That messed with his brain?

* And yes, what I told you was not complete bullshit. He WOULD be bad for business.

Pink's sniffling had finally seized, but it was now time for Blue to hide their face behind their hands as they tried to keep their last piece of sanity from slipping away. Blue seemed to be the only thing that kept this boat afloat to you. The others could keep going as long as Blue remained calm and positive. Their entire body shook, and tears streamed down their covered face.

* Look at us.

Yellow motioned towards their siblings.

* YOU, Orange...back then you weren't even able to afford your dancing classes with the money you made.

* Blue didn't even work for the Queen yet. They had to sell portable piñatas, for god's sake!

* Pinky here just barely manages, the shop still needs a lot of work.

* And ME...

* I'm just the motherfucker that sells photos!

* Can you imagine where we'd be if we let him stay?

* I...I couldn't take that chance. Either we all went down with him...or he went alone.

* It was too late to save him anyway...

From beside Spamton, a small shaky voice was heard. Pink's voice.

* Y-you...you threatened me..

* Just s-so I wouldn't t-talk to him.

Yellow raised an eyebrow at that before scoffing and dismissing Pink's statement.

* Pfft..no I didn't!

* Come on, Pinky. Cut the bullshit.

You put a hand on Blue's shoulder as their trembling intensified. Orange took notice of that. Pink hesitantly let go of Spamton.

* Y-You said you'd b-burn...

* burn my t-tea shop

* if I ever got c-close to him again...